real time web analytics
Video Report - - RAF Brampton Officers Mess ( 3/2/2018) | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - RAF Brampton Officers Mess ( 3/2/2018)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Torch the porch monkey

Urbex monkey
28DL Full Member
hey all its ya boi, Torch here back from a brief hiatus ( not that anyone cared:()

anywhore long story short, after looking up places to prevent a potential soggy derp I stumbled across this little gem.

Before I go any further allow me to lay down the lore:
The history of Brampton Park and the building now used as the Officers’ Mess can be traced back to the 12th Century when the estate was the same size as it is now (approximately 125 acres)

In 1279, the property was ceded to the family of Philip Daules (probably a Frenchman, Philip D'Aules or de Aules) with a yearly tax of 6 shillings; it then passed to Robert Daules in 1288 and from him, in 1328, to Reyner Daules.

The great fire of 1907
Lady Olivia was a noted philanthropist and is known to have been responsible for a church in Huntingdon which was used by her own private religious sect, "The Countess of Huntingdon Connection". She died in 1863.Twenty six years after the death of Lady Olivia, the building became an institution for the cure of stammerers and remained as such until 1907. In that year there occurred the most spectacular and devastating fire in Brampton Park's history: the eastern half of the building was gutted in a blaze which lasted 3 days. The destruction was so complete that no attempt was made to rebuild the original house and little more than one-third of the building, as it stood before the fire, is now in existence

fire.jpg

The video (Duration 8:46)

The explore
kitchen.jpg

I was surprised by the overall condition of the place
living room.jpg

upstairs.jpg

Service reports from '94 - '08
service reports.jpg

someone had some brains on them ( not enough it seems)
trophy.jpg

Keys keys and mo' keys

keys1.jpg
mo keys.jpg

random hallway shot
hallway.jpg

Maps of France
france2.jpg

france3.jpg

france4.jpg

map of europe
england.jpg