real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Cheddington/RAF Marsworth Buckinghamshire - January 2014 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Cheddington/RAF Marsworth Buckinghamshire - January 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
RAF Cheddington (also known as RAF Marsworth) is a former Royal Air Force station located 1 mile south-west of Cheddington, Buckinghamshire, England. The airfield was closed in 1952.
Cheddington was used as a First World War aerodrome briefly during 1917. The airfield was closed after the armistice.
During the Second World War, Cheddington Airfield opened in March 1942 as a satellite station to RAF Wing, with 26 Operational Training Unit, Vickers Wellington bombers (these had the codes "EU" on the aircraft sides).

Was itching to get a splore under my belt to start 2014 off, armed alongside my new DSLR which I have had for only one week (So apologise for the photographs not being the best ever) I had a chat with a friend who suggested this derelict RAF base, thanks Southside Assassin!

Lovely mooch around, did get approached by one of the business owners that have a few lockups and units on the site, asked if I had permission, he was really just concerned about the health and safety aspect, he was a nice chap let me carry on.

Nice relaxed visit and I did miss a few parts, so will be revisiting again soon.

HoyB7nV.jpg

psuICo8.jpg

8oka8uM.jpg

2MG0Sbm.jpg

tYSW9Wr.jpg

pZOYZiX.jpg

pAKfCK2.jpg

vas7kGn.jpg

D4ITl5J.jpg

794IR6r.jpg

scakAVO.jpg

IIOpObw.jpg