real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Coningsby remote weapons store. | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Coningsby remote weapons store.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
Visited with Tassadar and Tcake (I think) sorry mate, didn't want to put your real name up. Thanks for a good day and plenty of laughs anyway!

This was quite an interesting one, I'd been chatting to Tassadar about the maltings and having driven past this, asked if he knew anything about it.

As it happened, not only did he not know anything, but it seems that this has not been reported yet. There's a good reason why though, but I'll get to that in a moment...

DSC_0068.jpg

History proved to be impossible to find, probably due to the above.
The only mention I could find was on the secret bases site, along with the picture below.

coningsby-remote.jpg

Thanks to a little help that Tassadar managed to find on here, we decided that "we probably wouldn't get shot" if (when) we were caught.

The compound is very close to the runway at RAF Coningsby and is also popular with joggers and dog walkers, but it was when we saw a digger driver on the phone right on the other side of the fence that we thought time was running out.

True enough 15 minutes later the landrover arrived and we gave up any hope of hiding when they reversed back to where we were and stopped. It turned out that no one had reported us and they were just on a routine patrol, but either way that was that.
Basically the patrols here are very sharp!
One word of warning also, they told us that if they find people on the site at night they don't even try to find them but go directly to the dog section!

We probably covered 50% of the site, but missed most of the buildings closest to the road, there were a couple of bunkers open but most were welded closed.

Pics.

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg