real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Fauld Munitions Storage Depot - June 2013 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Fauld Munitions Storage Depot - June 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another thread? Why not, this time a year apart.

I visited this amazing place with some other explorers who had done it a couple of times before.

I am so grateful to have seen this place and appreciate the huge amount of effort and research that the original group of people put in to getting access here. Without them, it wouldn't have been possible.

I must make a note that we left it in the same secured way we found it (as should always be done!).

Apart from the other history already on this forum, the BBC have a good write up: BBC - Stoke & Staffordshire - Discover Staffordshire - World's largest-ever explosion (almost)

Although we did not see all the different sections of the complex, I tried to make the most of the hours we were inside.

8929361244_a7c7ccf6d5_o.jpg

8928752375_880c2bcd50_b.jpg

8929359822_96aec1cb36_o.jpg

8929359198_a1c54fd9b0_o.jpg

8928750333_5bfd63de33_o.jpg

8928749681_3de43b2935_o.jpg

8929356998_915ced0dc9_o.jpg

8928748269_8d4a5c5a6b_o.jpg

8929355400_d98e6f93fd_o.jpg

11. Not sure what the C-I-A bit stood for, According to wiki:
the site was used by the US Army, between 1967 to 1973, to store US ammunition previously stored in France​
but it could mean something totally different?
8929354530_f49f73cf75_o.jpg

8928745639_d25a362b13_o.jpg

8928744983_17aa92dcd4_o.jpg

8928744131_458b655702_o.jpg

8928743487_b606df117f_o.jpg

8928742377_0e19234dff_o.jpg

8928741467_114af7f2a0_o.jpg

8929348830_d244df8001_o.jpg

8928739119_2f5e5677fd_o.jpg

8929346584_98d7332380_o.jpg

8928731877_5c67ca4787_o.jpg

8928737415_c7b50c1710_o.jpg

8929340610_f53ea8e639_o.jpg

8928736651_fd66862184_o.jpg

8929344246_3575aab11b_o.jpg

8929341318_bd344c3b8c_o.jpg

27. Here, you can see how I light my pictures, flashlights on mini tripods!!
8929343462_eb4cae9eea_o.jpg

8928734735_c982cdce64_o.jpg

8928734073_95e185c1da_o.jpg

Thanks for looking,

D-UK

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Epic place and fantastic shots :thumb
I quite fancy taking a peek at this one.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
In a way it pains me to see this in public, especially having seen a barrage of last in first out pics appear this last week, but I guess that's how the internet works these days

R.I.P Exploring

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Nice images mate..

I am so grateful to have seen this place and appreciate the huge amount of effort and research that the original group of people put in to getting access here. Without them, it wouldn't have been possible.

Glad to see someone mention this

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
In a way it pains me to see this in public, especially having seen a barrage of last in first out pics appear this last week, but I guess that's how the internet works these days

R.I.P Exploring

Technically 'first in' posted this about 3 years ago in paperback form. If thats what you are getting at?

Raptor Jesus

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member

R.I.P Exploring

Funny you should mention that. As I said in my own report of this place, people have been going in here since the 80s at least - what gives us the right, as hipster dickheads, to post it all up on the internet and bring it to such levels of attention that get it sealed? That said the damage has been done now.

Nice pics - you got a good selection there :thumb

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Funny you should mention that. As I said in my own report of this place, people have been going in here since the 80s at least - what gives us the right, as hipster dickheads, to post it all up on the internet and bring it to such levels of attention that get it sealed? That said the damage has been done now.

Nice pics - you got a good selection there :thumb

Not really as black and white as that. You don't think the first 'recent' people just walked in? No, but let's say they found a way in... and that's the pisser, when goons treat it like their own when they haven't a clue or a care into the work that went into it.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Seems to be plenty of bitching about this but nobodies saying anything?

"Oooh I was going there this weekend"

What exactly were you going to look at? 500 tonnes of backfill?

You're all full of shit. It was sealed prior to anything being posted here.

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
It seems hundreds of people went in but only some of those had the foresight & good sense not to leave any sign that they'd been in. Finding holes in fences here is possibly the dickest thing I've seen as it was totally unnecessary but some people will chop things anywhere to save them minimal effort. This wasn't Pyestock but it seems some idiotic people assumed it was. Pyestock was wide open once inside but this place had 1 way in that could be backfilled with the aforementioned 500 tons of backfill.

I'm not going to preach to people but for fucks sake, learn to climb 8ft piss easy fences or stay the fuck away from this kind of place as blatant stupidity got this place sealed, nothing else.

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So it seems this thread may never get deleted so here's my 2 cents, first off, If anyone had a problem, they could have come direct to me.

I understood it was sealed from OT's report, then I went and spoke to NM, this was my message to him,
I did not know if it is still a sensitive site or if I would still be stepping on toes if I posted my images online? Just coming to you since I found out how much you put into this site
he also suggested it was blocked, how should I read from that otherwise? I went to NM to ask if it was okay to post, he didn't say no, he suggested I sent him over some images for him to use in his book (well he said proper channels but I'm still not sure what that meant?, obviously not a forum *Hindsight is a wonderful thing), which I was happy about doing but at no point, even when I asked him, did he say, don't post it. If anyone had said don't post it, it wouldn't be here. I'm not mystic meg, How should I know (or anyone else) if I'm not in the secret circle?

If a place (apparently) becomes sealed, it is usually okay to post it as the chance has gone. That's what I read into it, I asked OT and NM, I thought I had done enough to check before hand if it was okay to post, I didn't realise I needed to contact people who I have no idea who they are.

I have tried contacting NM and others on facebook but to no joy. I don't want to fall out with anyone over this, it's not who I am.

I have more important family things to deal with at the moment, but if you want to talk it over, find me on FB or PM me here.

Don't let one misunderstanding ruin a friendship.

Peace out.

Mike.

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
I don't think anyone's having a go at you dude, I'm certainly not. This place is out there now for many reasons but most of us, & I include you in this, looked after it & disturbed nothing. Now, it's too easy to blame forums or any social media for the demise, but in all honesty information about this place has been available since the explosion so people will have been curious. My biggest disappointment was the holes in the fence which were completely unnecessary & which will have alerted people to the fact someone has been going on site. That could've been done by anyone interested in going for a look, however I doubt someone interested in what was effectively a war grave, would've cut holes in the fence to get there for a look at the exterior of the tunnel entrances.

It's just another timely reminder that some sites deserve more respect & people should realise this.

Sorry if anything I said led to your post, I really wasn't aiming it at anyone in particular & I actually like your shots of here. Mine are shite so its a good record of what I actually saw as my pics give a poor representation :)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Backfilled mate and also Nick has featured Fauld in his book, before it was backfilled so really it's no issue being in public since Speed decided it was ok :p:

It does pain me, mainly because it was kept off the radar for a very long time, and the people that were aware kept their trips low key

Like anything the goon squad get wind of stuff eventually and rocking up in daylight and also cutting fences within a 'live' pheasant farm etc etc is always going to end in tears

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been backfilled if this hadn't been the case, but I guess we will never know now

I visited that place several times over a couple of years without any hassle, we even managed to get Rooks in on crutches without fuss in the middle of winter!

On the balance of it and adopting the same approach we would with other sites that have come and gone over the years I see no reason to keep it NP now

So as for deleting your report mate, simply don't as are some of the best pics I've seen from here, and certainly put any I took to shame :p:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
It doesn't make any difference now how much effort went into opening the place up. Certain people pissed on that fire a long time ago.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Good pictures there Mike!

I'm more pissed at myself for not knowing this place even existed.