real time web analytics
Information - - RAF Fauld - WARNING! | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - RAF Fauld - WARNING!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
IMG_7766.JPG

Just a heads up, a group I know went here very recently and ended up triggering a hidden trip wire and detonating a homemade explosive device in the form of a shot gun cartridge based grenade.

The picture shows a similar device primed and ready to catch others out in one of the trees NOtE:, the one that exploded was concealed under foot.

There are two sides to this, obviously some of it is a live pheasant farm and the bloke is an absolute nutter, he pulled a shot gun on 2 of our group about 6 years ago in the early hours. He does according to him have a massive problem with poachers as he once explained and I guess he's only protecting his livelihood if you refer to the attached example that is.

However I must point out that the device that detonated literally feet away from the recent group outing was next to the fuse store entrance and was clearly booby trapped as further trip wires were found concealed, so this fella is clearly hell bent on keeping people away from the site and not just his private bit of land, that said you have to cross through his land anyway to get to anything useful.

Again around 6 years ago we carried Rookinella in as she was on crutches at the time and couldn't walk, she almost stuck her crutch on a trip wire back then that was buried under the snow near the detonator store ironically and was only visible due to a mini avalanche that had occurred on the sloped section.

Although the grenade triggered contained no shrapnel, it's still not something you'd want going off in your face so be very cautious if going here in the future, as the normal modus operandi is go at night and you'd not have a chance in hell of spotting these devices as it appears many of them are concealed.

Stay safe :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
As for the question of legality, farmers will be farmers and often care not about people trespassing and poachers, even that goon at Winstanley carried a shot gun and used it on a few of us all those years ago

alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thought booby trapping was a no no due to the chance of a legal case against the person that put them there? looks like quite an intricate device! oh well yet another danger to add to the list...

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not a great idea actually mate - would give the place too much attention I reckon

Who has read this thread (Total: 158) View details