real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Folkingham - Vehicle Scrapyard, Folkingham, Jan 2012 (pic heavy) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Folkingham - Vehicle Scrapyard, Folkingham, Jan 2012 (pic heavy)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Everyonefreezes

tinyurl.com/yzfp8dt
28DL Full Member

That's right, it's another night report from me at RAF Folkingham.
The difference is that i feel my photography has vastly improved since my first report,
and in this shoot i have documented far more of the vehicles on site.

Visited with Flip, Bekoir, and two non-members.

"Today the airfield is largely used by agriculture. Most of the runways and perimeter track were removed after the sale of the airfield by BRM for hardcore aggregate, with some single-lane agricultural roads remaining that generally outlines the former concreted area. No evidence of the technical site located to the northeast of the airfield remains. Evidence of some dispersed personnel sites appear to the north and northeast of the airfield, with some abandoned concrete roads now in abandoned, overgrown areas.
The southern half of the airfield partially remains containing several single and double-loop hardstands, along with a full-width length of the 00-18 north-south main runway. The runway is now used for storage of uncounted numbers of abandoned vehicles, lorries and other construction or other equipment that in aerial photography appear to be generally rusted hulks. The abandoned hulks also line the sides of the remaining perimeter track along with several of the old dispersal loops. The wartime bomb dump exists, although it is now a forested area still containing concrete disused bomb stores, evidence of which can be seen by the pattern of vegetation that has overgrown and reclaimed the facility."

This was my first night shoot testing my new Fuji x100. I wasn't expecting very good results from it, but i was surprised.
I ended up with these strange, daylight looking images (that are not hdr!).
All are lit only by full moon (well, except the second shot) :thumb

DSCF1575.jpg

DSCF1563.jpg

DSCF1573.jpg

DSCF1577.jpg

DSCF1578.jpg

DSCF1581.jpg

DSCF1586.jpg

DSCF1587.jpg

DSCF1591.jpg

DSCF1594.jpg

DSCF1603.jpg

DSCF1607.jpg

DSCF1610.jpg

DSCF1614.jpg

DSCF1616.jpg

DSCF1617.jpg

DSCF1621.jpg

DSCF1624.jpg

DSCF1629.jpg

DSCF1636.jpg

DSCF1647.jpg

DSCF1640.jpg

Last edited:

DAVEC23

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Chris thanks for the info and pics nice one!!, going there Sept 6th 7th I see there is 24hr security video did you have a problem and advise if so.

Thanks in advance David