real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Hospital Nocton Hall, Lincolnshire - May 2018 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Hospital Nocton Hall, Lincolnshire - May 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DCFCbexta

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
EXPLORE.
I'd read a lot of reports on this place, and it was somewhere I had really wanted to visit for a while. On arriving in nocton all I could think is that someone will have been round the site wiring up all the holes in the fence and I won't be able to get it.. We stopped off at the old hall and took a few photos ( haven't put them with this report as I didn't like any of them, with that horrible big fence in the way!!) We then carried on walking and I couldn't believe my eyes.. the main gate to the hospital was wide open!! Walked in, had a good hour or so mooching around, got some shots and then left the same way we came in! Could not believe my luck! :cool:

HISTORY.
RAF Hospital Nocton Hall
was a 740-bed RAF hospital serving the predominantly RAF personnel based at the large number of RAF Stations in the area. Officially designated as No. 1 RAF Hospital Nocton Hall[1] it opened in June 1947.[2] It was used by forces personnel, their families and local civilians until it closed on 31 March 1983.[3]

The hospital was situated near the small village of Nocton in rural Lincolnshire and partly in the grounds of Nocton Hall. The hall was used as the officers' mess. The main part of the hospital consisted of long corridors with wooden hut wards and departments branching off them. The hospital was on a slight slope so the corridors were not level.

In 1984 it was leased to the United States Air Force(USAF) for use as a wartime contingency hospital. During the Gulf War, over 1,300 US medical staff were sent to the hall and many were billeted at RAF Scampton, although ultimately only 35 casualties had to be treated. In its later days 13 American personnel remained to keep the hospital serviceable. RAF Nocton Hall was handed back to Her Majesty's Government by the USAF on 30 September 1995 but has never been brought back into use as a hospital.

Screenshot_20180626-081155_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180626-083133_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180626-083151_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180626-081105_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180626-081417_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180626-081220_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180626-081240_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180626-081328_Gallery.jpg

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Nice! I really like this place and have visited many times over the last 10 years. It’s good to see people still visiting. Good report.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Great pics, always love seeing this place!

You got in easy then, was not like that when I went haha.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Love this place. It's pretty hit and miss with access right now as there has been a nice chap who lives nearby sealing up the fence regularly - according to my friend who was stopped by him inside he's rather friendly but keeps a good watch on the fence ha. I was last there a year or so back and knew that it was a hit or miss deal, luckily we found a hole he'd missed buried deep in the undergrowth.

bomber29

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was posted to this hospital in 1959, .to train as an SRN, The hall itself now gutted by a fire, it is said to be haunted. Nursing officers lived in the hall, they were of PMRAF Nursing service, had a Matron and a deputy, Only females lived there, but we heard many stories about a young girl who could be heard crying during the night. This hospital was in fact built by the American government 1n 1942, as there were many American air force bases in the area, also RAF, During the war, Thea few American service personnel who died at the hospital were in fact buried In the grounds near the church.T he RAF took over this hospital in 1947, A very busy general hospital, in fact, it was the only hospital covering the Midlands and eastern England. able to deal with the outbreak of Polio, 2 dedicated wards were made available, equipped with iron lungs.This hospital served the local community and assisted Lincoln county hospital until its closure

Last edited:

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and few friends went to visit 5 places in Lincolnshire not long ago and this was one of them but unfortunately locals have put up brand new metal sheeting fences which are secured amazing like nobody is getting in unless willing to get red anti climb paint all over yourself and this fencing is surrounding the whole site so no gaps anywhere as of 2 months ago approx

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Me and few friends went to visit 5 places in Lincolnshire not long ago and this was one of them but unfortunately locals have put up brand new metal sheeting fences which are secured amazing like nobody is getting in unless willing to get red anti climb paint all over yourself and this fencing is surrounding the whole site so no gaps anywhere as of 2 months ago approx
Think you are getting mixed up with the place next door. This just has a chain link fence around it. And the hoarding with anticlimb paint isn’t that hard to get around.

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Think you are getting mixed up with the place next door. This just has a chain link fence around it. And the hoarding with anticlimb paint isn’t that hard to get around.
Ahh well I mean the hall is the one with thick metal fencing around it and only way was to climb onto bunch of piled up mattresses from care home next door which is active then climb over but even then was very dark and we didn't know if we could get back out from the other side

Miekajay

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ahh well I mean the hall is the one with thick metal fencing around it and only way was to climb onto bunch of piled up mattresses from care home next door which is active then climb over but even then was very dark and we didn't know if we could get back out from the other side
Hi I was wondering if Incould get some info to the person/persons that visited the car home or asylum located on the Upper Heyford bade.

Who has read this thread (Total: 183) View details