real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - RAF/MOD Sculthorpe | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) RAF/MOD Sculthorpe

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live nearby, Great Bircham. I often cycle to the airbase because I mess about up there with my friends. Here are my photos. Hope you enjoy!

RAF Sculthorpe is a military training facility for the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defence, about 3 mi (4.8 km) west of Fakenham in Norfolk, England. The airfield has been home to many visiting airmen and support crews of the RAF and United States Air Force. In 1997, the Ministry of Defence sold the entire technical, domestic and administrative site including the married quarters site previously occupied by the USAF to The Welbeck Estate Group. The technical areas are now used as a business park, though only 3-4 businesses are still there. There is multiple accommodation blocks left standing, though in very rough shape. The daycare building is still there, though in rough shape like all the buildings still standing. There is the MOD police station still standing, with some server equipment left there. The barracks (the in-tact ones) are used for businesses. There is still a standing petrol station in a bad state, which has a garage built onto it.
Currently, Wellbeck Estate own the technical site, they don't have security on site, and they don't seem to care about trespassing, so for the most part you're alright. However the airstrip is still in MOD hands and is used by the Us Air Force as training grounds

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0755 (1).JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a big place innit? All about the corridors. Good set.
Yeah, it's massive. I've still to venture into the police station properly, and get some pictures. I need to get some photos of Truman Hall too, I've been in there plenty of times but it's just corridors. It's best to go in the winter, the overgrowth isn't so bad then. As I said, I live nearby and cycle up there when I'm not working, good 9 mile round trip! I'll update this thread when I've got more content

Vapeexpert86

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi buddy,i went there recently but there was alot of activity going in so only went in the barracks,is there anyway of contacting someone to get permission?i got caught in raynham lol but the guy was ok just said because of the divs that vandalise thing it has ruined it for everyone else.

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi buddy,i went there recently but there was alot of activity going in so only went in the barracks,is there anyway of contacting someone to get permission?i got caught in raynham lol but the guy was ok just said because of the divs that vandalise thing it has ruined it for everyone else.
Wow this post is old. If you see this message me, more than happy to get in contact and give you a tour of sorts lol. As for security, there is none. As long as you don't go [rying round the businesses and places you shouldn't be there won't be a problem. People from the housing estate next door walk their dogs up there.

Vapeexpert86

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow this post is old. If you see this message me, more than happy to get in contact and give you a tour of sorts lol. As for security, there is none. As long as you don't go [rying round the businesses and places you shouldn't be there won't be a problem. People from the housing estate next door walk their dogs up there.

Lol cheers buddy but ive been around 10 times now since back then lol,done all the decent sites in norfolk and Suffolk infact i find myself now given advice to newbies lol

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lol cheers buddy but ive been around 10 times now since back then lol,done all the decent sites in norfolk and Suffolk infact i find myself now given advice to newbies lol
Same story here my dude, I pretty much know Sculthorpe off by heart, been up there hundreds or times!

Who has read this thread (Total: 177) View details