real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Newton (future eco-town), Nottinghamshire, August 09 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Newton (future eco-town), Nottinghamshire, August 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

layz

Conquistador d'Wolverton
28DL Full Member
Hey Guys,

Here is my first report on a military site. I know this place has been reported many times before, but I hope I can bring something new to the party regarding its future.

I’ve know about this place for ages, but visited it by chance as I was passing, and was certainly not dressed for an explore. I know ‘Derelict-UK’ recently visited and felt that his choice of footwear was inappropriate for the visit, well I went in a suit... definitely not appropriate urbex attire!

However my suit proved useful then I was spotted my security, but they left me alone :D.

History

Other reports have already commented on this, so I’ll save my breathe for the future.

Future

The site was chosen as a potential location for the governments new ‘eco homes’ incentive’ which is only possible if the A46 is sufficiently improved and widened. The houses near the A46 will almost certainly be demolished and woodland planted.

In the government’s 63page report of the site and proposal it can be quoted as saying:

‘The military buildings are not worthy and not of sufficient importance as individual buildings for formal protection through the listed procedure... none are listed... and (they) are of standardised design’

I personally think this is outrageous as there is already perfect good housing stock there. I agree architecturally these buildings are bland, but if this era of ‘sustainability’ and ‘eco towns’ is going to teach society anything, it should be that re-using existing structures is more environmentally sustainable than bulldoze them!

Over the past few months the road connecting the A46 to the aerodrome has been re-surfaced and I also noted new water pipes were being laid. So something is clearly happening.

For more information visit:

http://www.newtonecotown.com/news_5.php

Anyway the pictures:

The mess hall and canteen building:

Picture208.jpg

S5009327.jpg

S5009299.jpg

S5009324.jpg

Picture163.jpg

Picture223.jpg

Picture197.jpg

Picture174-1.jpg

Picture160-1.jpg

Picture230.jpg

Picture239-1.jpg

Picture177.jpg

Inside two of the houses:

Picture134.jpg

S5009359.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:

RAF-N

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh, be sure to inform us of what you discover, and feel free to add photos to this thread. :thumb

Yeah the footpath is temporarily closed, but with a little hope your good to go

From across the A46
IMG_4207.jpg

Workers camp site
IMG_4224.jpg

The new road through newton, used as entry route
IMG_4230.jpg

Looking down towards the hangers
IMG_4231.jpg

exit route
IMG_4232.jpg

Workers camp close up on top of that mold of earth
IMG_4259.jpg

Was then stopped by a highway maintenance worker...you know what happens. Was a nice guy tho.

Fence, not hard to get around, theirs a public footpath next to it, was standing on the fence to get the photo, lol
IMG_4263.jpg

Exit
IMG_4270.jpg

Entrance an Exit Junction
IMG_4272.jpg

See the other photos here:)
Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos