real time web analytics
Question - - RAF Predannack-related sites? | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - RAF Predannack-related sites?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mad Manx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I recently have researched Predannack and planning a visit. I was just wondering if there were any related sites (boneyards) like this in the country. I live in Essex so any sites nearby ( I am willing to go for a drive) are appreciated. Thanks

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Air Salvage International at the Cotswolds Airport, Gloucestershire, first thing I can think of. I have seen the place from a distance and there are signs on the fence saying £1000 fine if caught in there. I'm guessing that it is criminal trespass being part of an active airport.

There's a farm near to Birlingham, Worcestershire, that has a collection of planes in it's yard. Seen here in Google maps. Permission visits are possible. Do not just wander in, he will let you look if you ask! Gloster Meteor, Vampire and Hawker Hunter and others seen here.

This website will be of interest but mostly international. The big famous boneyard in the States which has thousands of plane wrecks is called AMARG and has a wikipedia page.

It looks as if I'm off to Albania soon myself for exploring, and I am aware of the entire Albanian Air Force which has been grounded since 2005 at Kucove. Doubt that I will get a report up as parts of that airbase now used by an Italian Air Force detachment. It has featured on the Top Gear programme

Mad Manx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Air Salvage International at the Cotswolds Airport, Gloucestershire, first thing I can think of. I have seen the place from a distance and there are signs on the fence saying £1000 fine if caught in there. I'm guessing that it is criminal trespass being part of an active airport.

There's a farm near to Birlingham, Worcestershire, that has a collection of planes in it's yard. Seen here in Google maps. Permission visits are possible. Do not just wander in, he will let you look if you ask! Gloster Meteor, Vampire and Hawker Hunter and others seen here.

This website will be of interest but mostly international. The big famous boneyard in the States which has thousands of plane wrecks is called AMARG and has a wikipedia page.

It looks as if I'm off to Albania soon myself for exploring, and I am aware of the entire Albanian Air Force which has been grounded since 2005 at Kucove. Doubt that I will get a report up as parts of that airbase now used by an Italian Air Force detachment. It has featured on the Top Gear programme
Thanks so much mate i'm gonna find this useful

Buccaneer

28DL Member
28DL Member
Predannack is still very much active and owned and used by the MOD it's a training place for Culdrose airbase