real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Spadeadam Mock Airfield, Northumberland - September 2020 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Spadeadam Mock Airfield, Northumberland - September 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

motoguzzi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Plenty of reports on this but I never tire of seeing them so here’s mine. Used as a mock airfield for nearby RAF Spadeadam, this place was an absolute bastard to get to and possibly the only time you’re guaranteed to get a girl wet by showing her abandoned cold war airplanes. So much of a bastard to get to infact meant that it was to late to view the whole site by the time I got there, on the plus side I made it just in time for golden hour. Shot on Kodak Portra 800 and Ilford FP4.

Last edited:

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely photographs, especially in film.. Visited RAF Spadeadam a few years ago, bit of a trek to get there, but worth it so see some of those Russian jets

motoguzzi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks everyone, I’ll have to take a trip back at some point so I can capture the rest. I’ll definitely be bringing wellies this time!

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Known as "Collinski" Airfield which is a 'mock' Soviet airfield created on Trowyshaw Rigg as a target for use during electronic warfare counter measures exercises as a part of functioning of the RAF Electronic Warfare Tactics Range controlled by RAF Spadeadam and also used for ground training as well!

whatsinaname

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It used to be well off limits.

You can only view area from google from above too no views from roads

JMoutnabout

28DL Member
28DL Member
Is it still in use? It looks to be used on Google earth... I see the other site close to it, are they both active?

Who has read this thread (Total: 496) View details