real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Syerston Officers Mess and Accomodation - May 2017 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Syerston Officers Mess and Accomodation - May 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Done with partner in crime Yorrick. Destroyed as hell, but as mentioned in most of my previous reports, I am heavily interested in some nice, natural decay so this was a sweet. Long, peeling corridors, interesting stairs and the odd good graffiti, a nice and relaxed explore.

One day my photos will be filled with clarity, I'll have a decent camera, lens kit and will know more about photography. One day.

History taken from The Wombat -

The officers’ mess which was built in 1940 for dining, drinking and accommodation.
The site was put into care and maintenance after operations at RAFSyerstonceased in 1970. The complex was then sold off by the Ministry of Defence and the Al-Jamia Al Islamia School opened in 1994. In 1997 Ofsted inspectors criticised hygiene, safety and teaching standards and the buildings themselves were starting to deteriorate. In the same year a roofer fell off the roof and broke his back. The school was judged to be culpable and the roofer obtained an order banning the sale of the buildings and the land until he was paid compensation. His claim was settled in January 2007 and the school shut later that year.

One of the school’s trustees, Mr Zaheer Rahman, stated their plan was to recoup money for the private investors from the UK Islamic community, who had previously given unsecured loans to the former trustees in order to try and keep the school open. The land was put up for sale and was due to be auctioned at a guide price of £250,000 but was then withdrawn as the trustees could not be sure how much land had been acquired via a compulsory purchase order to widen the A46. In 2009 a suspected arson attack badly damaged one of the wings. The buildings have been in a derelict state since then and have deteriorated further.

fc8e4i.jpg
23su3qa.jpg

mrb91y.jpg

avt2mb.jpg

2hrmsdx.jpg

24v4epd.jpg
ransyw.jpg

2vajwgl.jpg
n3sxad.jpg

35cpxmh.jpg

zsms6s.jpg

29uq6ol.jpg
30use4x.jpg
20uerf4.jpg

15gtks4.jpg

1hnva.jpg

10hoevq.jpg

5chl35.jpg

ku4cj.jpg

n54y04.jpg
50gubp.jpg

zmmex4.jpg

2ut1ero.jpg

fwt7wn.jpg

30iakjs.jpg

:D:thumb

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?

Trashed but well captured

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I’ve not enough for a report and mine are very similar to yours so I’ll drop a couple in here.

A lot of these and hardly any pans. Is this normal at Military bases?

IMG_9313a.jpg

IMG_9316.jpg

IMG_9302.jpg