real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood 30th May 2020 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood 30th May 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Urbex Mole

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Usually a travel blogger but thanks to COVID being grounded for a couple of months, new in to photography I thought it might be fun to jump on the URBEX band wagon.

SO GLAD I DID!

Just back from my 3rd visit to Upwood in a couple of weeks, and having just joined this community I thought I would post a thread with some of the images I have from my 1st coupe of visits.

Such a shame demolition begins again in the next week or so!

Hope you guys like the post and photographs.

Attachments

• Jon & I Side by Side Graffitti.jpg
    Jon & I Side by Side Graffitti.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 68

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Probably not, demolition started a few weeks ago.

It's been going a lot longer than a few weeks! The water tower was brought down a month or so back, workers have been on site for around six months now so very little is likely to remain.

chills

Queller of the uprising
It's been going a lot longer than a few weeks! The water tower was brought down a month or so back, workers have been on site for around six months now so very little is likely to remain.

Thanks for the correction @mookster, that should answer anyone’s question whether to head that way.

Kane2299

28DL Member
28DL Member
Is there anything left standing here now?
Theres about 18 buildings left on the site which will remain for the next few years until the next phase of planning permission is approved. All the most interesting buildings have been demolished, officers mess, sergeants mess, airmens mess etc. A third of the buildings remain.

Who has read this thread (Total: 175) View details