real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood, Cambridgeshire, Nov11 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood, Cambridgeshire, Nov11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
This is an old explore which for some reason I hadn’t got round to posting yet. This was all with my old camera, so hope the photos are still acceptable. The site is big. There are a number of buildings to explore, and although most are empty, there are still some impressive bits. (The Soviet tanks and The kitchen are a must see). The site is a good one for beginners.

Its been well done before, so I wont go into deep history, which is well documented in Wikipedia. It opened around 1917, and later ran by the US airforce, closing in 1994. For those who aren’t aware, this is an airsoft site on alternate weekends, so a bit of research & caution is advised.

Vistited with Frizman on a fine autumn day.

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

Sorry...
IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

Bit firedamaged
IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

The kitchen
IMG_6492.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6454.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6485.jpg

The tower

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

looks like a classroom
View attachment 509618

The boiler room, with this rather scary looking thing
IMG_6446.jpg

IMG_6448.jpg

Like I said, old explore, but glad I went :D

Melusinasdream73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi I'm researching the bases that my old friend has been graffiting and I think that I recognize some of the artworks here but it isn't mine and he's no longer able to get out so would you possibly have any more images of the graffiting here or any other military bases especially in Dorset Hampshire Devon Sussex especially RAF and sas and deep URBEX so that I may curate a digital exhibition? You all do such excellent work with the missions. As a pacifist underground artist and X graffiti girl from a long military and civil service family who studied these periods and was meant to do war photography journalism and reconnaissance I think that all of your skills are awesome. These sites abandoned at great cost and disrespectful to all who served and died or lived with what we now know. Keep up the great work folks. I appreciate you. Email is [email protected] thanks