real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood - December 2018 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood - December 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Popped in here to relax on a wet Sunday afternoon.
Sadly my visit was cut short as a group of graffiti kids spotted me and started following me in the distance. I was on my own and felt a little uncomfortable by their attention - felt like they were watching me to see if I was alone, maybe I was gonna be a target. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Anyhow, I must go back as its a lovely site to wander.

It was a non-flying station which was under the control of the United States Air Force from 1981, and one of three RAF stations in Cambridgeshire used by the United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE). Upwood, along with RAF Molesworth and RAF Alconbury are considered the "Tri-Base Area" due to their close geographic proximity, and inter-dependency.

RAFUpwood (13 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (17 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (19 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (21 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (26 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (29 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (35 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (38 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (45 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (52 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (57 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (64 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (68 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (70 of 74).jpg
RAFUpwood (72 of 74).jpg

RAFUpwood (27 of 74).jpg

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd love to catch one of those so-called artists and use his paint to decorate his clothes...

TRL1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Make the most of it while you can. The site is on the verge of being bulldozed for housing. The hangars will stay as the businesses in them are flourishing. I worked there for a couple of years for TMW/Tamro back in 2006-2009.
Criticise the graffiti if you want, but the eyesore of derelict buildings beside a growing village is far worse.

Last edited:

The Witness

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
some of the best graffiti i have ever seen has come out of this place.... the artwork changes nearly every week!

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
I looked a little more in to it , apparently the entrance to the underground is in the guard house but has been bricked up.... I remember looking for it before and I think they must have painted over the bricks because it is not obvious where .

https://derelictex.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/underground-bunker/

That's not Upwood. That's a good 100 miles from Upwood on the Suffolk coast.

https://thetimechamber.co.uk/beta/s...ns/raf-bawdsey-pkd-r3-gci-rotor-radar-station

Who has read this thread (Total: 280) View details