Web
Analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood exploration - July 2020 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood exploration - July 2020

Canderomi

28DL Member
28DL Member
Last year between lockdowns some mates and I decided to visit a local abandoned RAF base before it was fully torn down for housing
P1080931.JPG

I'd heard a lot about Upwood but was still amazed by it
P1080938.JPG
P1080959.JPG
P1080985.jpg

The fact I knew so many others had explored this place made it feel like I wasn't alone here (as well as all the noise from the construction work nearby)
P1090033.jpg
P1080953.jpg
P1080997.JPG

It's a shame that the majority of it has now been demolished for housing as I would have loved to return there this summer, such an amazing place.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thank you for posting your 1st report. Your photos are quite good. A few more and some history would of been welcomed. But in saying that, youve showcased it well with the photos youve posted. But history is important in forming a decent report.

Well done & welcome to 28DL, keep em coming :thumb

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Prob the last report we will see from here so fair dos on that

Canderomi

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thank you for posting your 1st report. Your photos are quite good. A few more and some history would of been welcomed. But in saying that, youve showcased it well with the photos youve posted. But history is important in forming a decent report.

Well done & welcome to 28DL, keep em coming :thumb
I wish I knew more about the place tbh, I have more photos but not a great amount of info on it.
I'll have a look on wiki or something and try to find some info to add to the thread

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I wish I knew more about the place tbh, I have more photos but not a great amount of info on it.
I'll have a look on wiki or something and try to find some info to add to the thread
I think if you tap in RAF Upwood it is widely explored on here and the history could be found here if your struggling. Anyway no worries either way. :thumb

RobertLeem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had the opportunity of visiting this place before it was demolished, we only lived at the time 5 minutes away, was a great place