real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood exploration - July 2020 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood exploration - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Canderomi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Last year between lockdowns some mates and I decided to visit a local abandoned RAF base before it was fully torn down for housing
P1080931.JPG

I'd heard a lot about Upwood but was still amazed by it
P1080938.JPG
P1080959.JPG
P1080985.jpg

The fact I knew so many others had explored this place made it feel like I wasn't alone here (as well as all the noise from the construction work nearby)
P1090033.jpg
P1080953.jpg
P1080997.JPG

It's a shame that the majority of it has now been demolished for housing as I would have loved to return there this summer, such an amazing place.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thank you for posting your 1st report. Your photos are quite good. A few more and some history would of been welcomed. But in saying that, youve showcased it well with the photos youve posted. But history is important in forming a decent report.

Well done & welcome to 28DL, keep em coming :thumb

Canderomi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for posting your 1st report. Your photos are quite good. A few more and some history would of been welcomed. But in saying that, youve showcased it well with the photos youve posted. But history is important in forming a decent report.

Well done & welcome to 28DL, keep em coming :thumb

I wish I knew more about the place tbh, I have more photos but not a great amount of info on it.
I'll have a look on wiki or something and try to find some info to add to the thread

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I wish I knew more about the place tbh, I have more photos but not a great amount of info on it.
I'll have a look on wiki or something and try to find some info to add to the thread
I think if you tap in RAF Upwood it is widely explored on here and the history could be found here if your struggling. Anyway no worries either way. :thumb

RobertLeem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had the opportunity of visiting this place before it was demolished, we only lived at the time 5 minutes away, was a great place