real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood - Jan 2016 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood - Jan 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

YamYamSeeker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Evening folks,

Yes, another visit to RAF Upwood, I know this place has been done a million times but I thought id give you my view on the place.

History (Not like we don't already know)
RAF Upwood is a former Royal Air Force Station in the village of Upwood, Cambridgeshire.

It was a non-flying station which was under the control of the United States Air Force from 1981, and one of three RAF stations in Cambridgeshire used by the United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE). Upwood, along with RAF Molesworth and RAF Alconbury are considered the "Tri-Base Area" due to their close geographic proximity, and interdependency.

Visit
We arrived around midday and was surprised with how big the place was. Not much in there apart from the two tanks, a lot of the buildings are just bare shells but non the less, still a very enjoyable explore. Saw a few other explorers around the site and even bumped into the 'Upwood Farmer' who just yelled for us to keep away from he's sheep.

Anyway since it has been done a million times I'll shut up and let you browse a few of my photos :)

IMG_4168_zpshksgau71.jpg

IMG_4159_zpsob8rpnl9.jpg

IMG_4153_zpsjyhlkysf.jpg

IMG_4149_zps3cochahc.jpg

IMG_4134_zpstzoh4oml.jpg

IMG_4125_zpspdhboabn.jpg

IMG_4120_zpstq7m1bln.jpg

IMG_4119_zpsleggxu6v.jpg

IMG_4096_zpsrqrl9bbv.jpg

IMG_4095_zpswvnyv2oe.jpg

Steven makings

28DL Member
28DL Member
Last time I was there mid 2016 the security let there dog chase us spent best part of 2 hours hiding in a roof with 4 friends looked like it was used for air soft at some point bb's every where but really nice day out

The_Bird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi went there last week, gates are unlocked, no signs of private property, no cameras either, on the government website it says all 4 hangers have been brought by people so theyre private land, but the rest is derelict and is accessible, only thing is i parked just inside and as we got back in the car as it was raining heavily we started driving around then some fat guy in a landrover chased us onto the site claiming that it was his land, i get he was using an abbandond building to store his cattle but doesnt explain why he chased us through unlocked gates (no padlocks or mechanisms) to an area and almost wrote my car off, his words where get off my land or i'll deal with you myself, funny enough even if it was his land and we where tresspassing he wouldnt be allowed to harm us as its illegal even on private property, but still from findings its public open land...for the moment

Kaex

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi went there last week, gates are unlocked, no signs of private property, no cameras either, on the government website it says all 4 hangers have been brought by people so theyre private land, but the rest is derelict and is accessible, only thing is i parked just inside and as we got back in the car as it was raining heavily we started driving around then some fat guy in a landrover chased us onto the site claiming that it was his land, i get he was using an abbandond building to store his cattle but doesnt explain why he chased us through unlocked gates (no padlocks or mechanisms) to an area and almost wrote my car off, his words where get off my land or i'll deal with you myself, funny enough even if it was his land and we where tresspassing he wouldnt be allowed to harm us as its illegal even on private property, but still from findings its public open land...for the moment

I can confirm I went in today, gates unlocked parked outside.
As for the "fat bloke" in Land Rover, he was actually really nice with us today. He was just mad that some kids were trying to break in to his unit (the field with cows) and let us be on our way.