real time web analytics
Report - - Raf Wartling R3 Gci Rotor Radar Station | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Raf Wartling R3 Gci Rotor Radar Station

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Been banging on about this place to diffrent people since i first joined 28dl, and last night we finally managed to get it done.

After a bit of a dry spell in exploring lately i was only to pleased when jackal rings up and asked if i fancy doing something,so we head out to ninfield to try and attempt the ROC post.

Spending an hour there battling with the biggest thorns ive ever seen we finally find it, and its locked.

So we head of up to Wartling for about the 5th time, but a bit better prepared this time.

I first gained access to wartling in 1997,it was easy then the door was open and the only worry was avoiding the farm house nearby.

From a small brickwork building on a hill we had no idea what it was and how big,there was still cups in the canteen and posters on the wall when we went down back then.

I can always remeber the bottom leval being flooded half way up the stairs leading down.

Anyway back to the present day, and subbrit have visted ,with the permision from the land owner they pumped the lower leval out (2004) i think, and had the door sealed up after there visit.

Expecting the lower leval to be flooded again, it was a nice surprise to find it still dry, although coverd in about a inch of sticky mud,a small price to pay though for another peak at this brilliant site.

I could rammble on about wartling for ages ,but ill leave the history side of it for jackals thread.

rafwartling111.jpg

rafwartling109.jpg

rafwartling063.jpg

rafwartling014.jpg

rafwartling065.jpg

rafwartling050.jpg

rafwartling029.jpg

rafwartling026.jpg

coat pegs the names were still clear underneath
rafwartling040.jpg

rafwartling022.jpg

rafwartling015.jpg

rafwartling004.jpg

Going down into the bottom leval,the white marks on the stairs show where the water levals rose to.
rafwartling032.jpg

rafwartling095.jpg

rafwartling096.jpg

rafwartling076.jpg

rafwartling073.jpg

rafwartling087.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
It's Wartling just outside of Ninfield, it's looked after now but there is still some military bits dotted around in the field nearby :)

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Was invited down at the start of the year, they've done a pretty good job with the place although I somewhat feel they are polishing a turd. Can only preserve the fabric of the building, the detail is long gone.