real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Wyton Photographic Factory, Cambridgeshire- July 2020 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Wyton Photographic Factory, Cambridgeshire- July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlternativeAdventuring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:

RAF Wyton is a Joint Force Command Station and is owned by the Ministry of Defence.

During the cold war, RAF Wyton was home to Bomber Command’s strategic photographic reconnaissance squad. The factory was built just a bit away from the main compound in the 1950's.

Explore:

Military stuff isn't normally my kind of thing but I wanted to give it a go anyway as I had just come from another Military site nearby and really enjoyed that! (Not Upwood)

It was really easy to get inside but hugely dangerous and full of asbestos when in there.

There isn't a lot to see here, it's quite trashed and full of graffiti both internally and externally. The holes in the floor were pretty mega (but fun to jump over/step over)

I know its not much but I enjoyed it and I've seen it hasn't been done on here for a while so figured why not bring it back so people know its still kicking about!

Hope you enjoy- if my history is a bit wonky in places let me know and I will happily update it accordingly

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Some nice natural shots there. Nice sunny day with lots of light. I like the corridor shots , even with the graf and holes in floor, the peeling is so photogenic here. Good report:thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 165) View details