real time web analytics
Report - - Ramsbottom Paper Mill - January 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ramsbottom Paper Mill - January 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ramsbottom Paper Mill

35ixa2r.jpg

I've done some pretty bad explores in my time, but this one tops it.

Basically, since I was a kid I've driven past this "really cool-looking" abandoned mill right next to the train station in Ramsbottom. On a wet, rainy day I found myself in Ramsbottom and decided to finally see what was inside this "super-cool" mill - to be honest, I wish I'd picked a different day or not bothered at all.
It was muddy and raining so crawling under a fence wasn't fun, neither was the anti-climb paint that was (for some reason) spread over every possible inch of the said fence, including on the floor. The buildings were trashed, my camera was died, and I missed my train so I had to walk home. I guess it might have been better if the weather had been nicer but it wasn't.

igkzl5.jpg

Ramsbottom Paper Mill, also known as Mondi, Trinity, and Holcombe Paper Mill was owned by James Broadbent Ingham who was born in 1815 in Bradford. The mill was built sometime between 1857-1865, and closed in 2008. Since then the chimney and site have both became unsafe. In 2014 a 60 metre exclusion zone was constructed around the chimney and site to prevent accidents.
More history here: https://www.thisisrammy.co.uk/a-brief-history-of-ramsbottom-paper-mill-episode-49/

2hrief6.jpg

141tmpx.jpg

23wqtg3.jpg

13ztvv8.jpg

2n71fd0.jpg

kce92u.jpg

2whfalc.jpg

Unless you're in the area with something else to do too I wouldn't advise making the effort to come here. This was purely fulfilling a childhood curiosity.​

Last edited:

Bpollitt34

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went here once because I live nearby thereā€™s much better places in the area you can get into