Web
Analytics
Raspberry PI 3 | Computers, Websites and Technology | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Raspberry PI 3

jimbob202002

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just bought a Raspberry PI 3 with a few projects in mind to try out, has anyone else bought one of these and if so what are you currently using it for?

Bertie Bollockbrains

28DL Regular User
Regular User
might want to direct this towards @Oort who has expertise in this field

What's new in 3 compared to 2? (my son has one, but personally myself I wouldn't know how to even turn the thing on)

jimbob202002

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I will most likely put mine into an fpv ground station or a home automation system, will decide which way I'm going to go over the next week or so

jimbob202002

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got mine for £35 delivered took a couple days to arrive. All you get is the main board no accessories but those are cheap as chips.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
Regular User
Yeah I've got a Pi 3, used for scratch to GPIO for the kids then and now Ive set it to dual boot to a media centre (still needs setting up), going to set it up with my usb harddrive to have it as my main network storage too. My Old pi1 I am going to set up to do my backups from my inlaws house syncing via BitorrentSync.

jimbob202002

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds great bunk3r I have a 4tb home server/media centre set up already and kodi running via an Amazon stick in the bedroom so still pondering over what to do

captainweird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have a couple of Pi2's, one is a motion sensing security camera using MotionEye, the other was running a Kodi media server, but I replaced that with an Amazon Fire stick, so it's temporarily running Ubuntu Unix (with a couple of add ins to make it look a bit like a Mac) for developing some Linux scripts for work. I may become a disk server at some point but needs a bit more work.
I love these little boards, such clever use of modern components and so accessible.

Phil

Cane

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've got two Pi 3's from RS components, along with one NoIR camera & one normal HD camera module. I'm currently using them both as security cameras.

The NoIR one is in my garage with a infrared lamp for illumination and the other is looking out a window towards my front door.

They're so easy to set up & stream over the internet. I've no experience in Linux (or Noobs operating system) but the forums and guides are brilliant. I'm looking to add a few more to watch my garden and front driveway once I've figured out how to mount them outside & keep them weather proof.