Web
Analytics
Report - - Ravenmorrow - Virginia Water, Surrey - December 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ravenmorrow - Virginia Water, Surrey - December 2019

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Now that security practically lives on site, about time I made my report even if I only managed a night explore.

History

From what i can see from satellite images the house was lived in until 2014, demolition planning was applied for in 2017 and still today no progress has been made. Due to the increase in security recently demolition will now happen soon.

The house has connections to multiple businesses, some seeing to never earn any revenue and some still using the house as a registered address today.

From existing plans i could make out at least 14 bedrooms, all with their own en-suite.
There are also multiple hidden doors inside the house just separating some areas of the house, some of which i only found out from others recently which I probably won't get to see again.

Explore
Getting in this place was difficult, but once on the property there's only the owners living in the security house to look out for.
Strangely multiple doors and windows are completely missing off the hinges, and at the time nothing was damaged.

Guess the owners saw our torches though, security seemed to know exactly where to find us.

This is my best photo showing this fire alarm mains cabling routed all around the house, seemingly being used for no reason at all as the cables end in bundles attached to nothing. Its installed professionally but it isn't hidden or tucked away at all.

This two floor library has the secret hidden door in the corner leading to some other bedrooms upstairs, sadly never got to see it myself

All 72 Photos from this explore can be seen here:

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Says a lot about my advancing age that I took one look at that Aga and thought "ooh, that's a lovely Aga there, would love one of those..."

I've seen a few reports on this and it's a unique place to say the least. I'm going to make a guess that the previous owners were American, nouveau-riche and probably from Texas. ;D

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Says a lot about my advancing age that I took one look at that Aga and thought "ooh, that's a lovely Aga there, would love one of those..."

I've seen a few reports on this and it's a unique place to say the least. I'm going to make a guess that the previous owners were American, nouveau-riche and probably from Texas. ;D
Lithuanian is our best guess, either way completely bonkers. Maybe the house that replaces it follows the same aesthetic

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Fire cabling looks unfinished and perhaps was meant as a temp installation whilst the building was vacant?

The bundles of wires were probably meant to serve an optical beam smoke detector given that they're at high level in a void.

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Fire cabling looks unfinished and perhaps was meant as a temp installation whilst the building was vacant?

The bundles of wires were probably meant to serve an optical beam smoke detector given that they're at high level in a void.
I asked an electrical forum and got similar responses, but it's certainly not temporary, going through doorframes and floors, pinned up with bright red clips but not even pinned to the corner of the wall, just in the middle of the ceiling. I get it's a temporary fix for something before demolition, but what I never figured.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
You did a good job with lighting here. Shots have come out good. Always difficult a night explore, but some on here that dont post only do night explores, ive bumped into them as im leaving a place or doing a reccy.

Snowhead

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The fire alarm system was probably being put in so the house could be rented out, but presumably that idea fell through.
Or maybe for Insurance puproses.

Planning was approved in 2017 for a replacement house with large undergorund area, in the last week they've submitted final details for some conditions of the original planning application, [conditions 3 (materials),5 (bat survey),6 (surface water drainage),7 (levels) ,11 (protection for animals),13 (hydrology),16 (ancient woodland) ]

The replacement has a large underground carpark / main entrance reception and at least 18 bedrooms, some for staff.

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
The fire alarm system was probably being put in so the house could be rented out, but presumably that idea fell through.
Or maybe for Insurance puproses.

Planning was approved in 2017 for a replacement house with large undergorund area, in the last week they've submitted final details for some conditions of the original planning application, [conditions 3 (materials),5 (bat survey),6 (surface water drainage),7 (levels) ,11 (protection for animals),13 (hydrology),16 (ancient woodland) ]

The replacement has a large underground carpark / main entrance reception and at least 18 bedrooms, some for staff.
The alarm wiring though was permenantly installed but pinned up directly on show in many rooms. Still doesn't quite make sense
The new house floorplans are incredible, just the underground has 10 parking spaces, massage room, long exercise pool, 2 lane tenpin bowling, massive cinema etc

Snowhead

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did you notice the underground "Maintenance facility" in the garden?
And there must be a dozen lifts in the place.