real time web analytics
Question - - Rechargeable batteries? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Rechargeable batteries?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

troglodyte

Cave Dweller
28DL Full Member
I'm fed up of buying batteries for my P7 and headtorches can anyone recommend some for this purpose? I've heard that rechargable batteries in torches can be fine with no signs of battery life going and then before you know it they suddenly die can anyone confirm this? Also does the higher mAh necessarily mean better life?

was thinking of these or these

Cheers.

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
Re: Rechargable batteries?

I use energizer ones 1000 mah there pretty good

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member

Enloop batteries for the win higher MAh the better, i have some AAA's here at 1700mah

ViralEye

Drain Ninja
28DL Full Member

look for the highest mah you can find(and are willing to pay for).

other option is to get yourself a new torch which uses the 18650 rechargeable battery - these torches can be had for about £15.00 with battery and charger

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

look for the highest mah you can find(and are willing to pay for).

other option is to get yourself a new torch which uses the 18650 rechargeable battery - these torches can be had for about £15.00 with battery and charger

Handy they are, when you need batteries urgently :crazy

I always buy these...

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-rechargeable-aaa-hr03-mn2400-nimh-batteries-1100mah-pack-of-4

I use one of their own brand fast chargers as well.

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member

Enloop batteries for the win higher MAh the better, i have some AAA's here at 1700mah

Have to agree here, Sanyo Eneloops are not cheap but they hold their charge really well.

The only trouble I had was when the missus threw a pair away when they went flat :banghead

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

it was an alternative to buying batteries???

But there will always be the time when your batteries give up between explores or whatever, and you haven't got time for a recharge. No point having a torch that you can't buy batteries for at every shop in Britain.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User

But there will always be the time when your batteries give up between explores or whatever, and you haven't got time for a recharge. No point having a torch that you can't buy batteries for at every shop in Britain.

the 18650 torches are really good for the price but I always have back ups because I know the battery life is shit compared to a P7 or even a maglight

explorer62

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

the 18650 torches are really good for the price but I always have back ups because I know the battery life is shit compared to a P7 or even a maglight

Have to disagree.

I have a belter of a torch that runs on surefire 18650's - always charge two up before setting off...never needed to touchthe second one and mostly the battery carries on for another 2,3 or more explores

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User

Have to disagree.

I have a belter of a torch that runs on surefire 18650's - always charge two up before setting off...never needed to touchthe second one and mostly the battery carries on for another 2,3 or more explores

I get 40 minutes on the XM-L 3800 and about an hour on the 1600

explorer62

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

aaah that'd be it then if we're talking that sort of lumen output lol. The torch I'm referring to is a more modest I think it's claimed 800 or thereabouts Lumens :)

mstarmatt

Northern Monkey
28DL Full Member

Just stock up on 18650's :D
20ED2FCB-48DD-4A33-9442-7D6FA3B74FBF-56772-00000B2B4FEE1D09.jpg

Have to agree with OT though, 7DayShop FTW!

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details