real time web analytics
Report - - Red Cross Hospital, Italy - April 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Red Cross Hospital, Italy - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another lovely abandoned location in Italy, the Red Cross Hospital sits empty, on a hillside in a pretty remote locations. The weather was incredibly hot as we made our way inside and wondered about searching for the chapel which wasn’t as obvious to locate as we had expected. After shooting the famous Red Cross we had a look around the rest of the building which is largely empty except for a handful of wards which contained rows of beds complete with mattresses and a small classroom on the lower floors. Decay was heavy in most parts with trees growing inside some rooms and vegetation ingress in other parts which made for some really interesting shots. Really happy with this place, certainly exceeded my expectations and I was glad to finally have the chance to see if for myself

RedCross-1.jpg

RedCross-2.jpg

RedCross-3.jpg

RedCross-4.jpg

RedCross-5.jpg

RedCross-6.jpg

RedCross-7.jpg

RedCross-8.jpg

RedCross-9.jpg

RedCross-10.jpg

Higher res copies of the above photos and a few more shots on my website: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2015/12/26/urbex-red-cross-hospital-italy-april-2015/

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Is it named 'Red Cross' because of a link to the organisation, or is the red cross in the chapel coincidental?

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is it named 'Red Cross' because of a link to the organisation, or is the red cross in the chapel coincidental?

Not sure mate, I have heard of it referred to as a war hospital but I suspect more for the prominent red cross in the chapel. Seen photos from a few years back and i swear either someones been playing with photoshop or it had a fresh lick of paint at some point... I think quite possibly the latter.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details