real time web analytics
Question - - Red door around mote park area | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Red door around mote park area

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Schwims

28DL Member
28DL Member
Apologies for the poor quality but this door surrounded by a concrete structure was found around the southern/Willington mote park area with a danger excavation sign and a large pipe. Does anyone have any leads as to where this goes? I'm assuming a sandstone mine based off of previous reports but if anyone has any further information that would be appreciated :)
20200629_230433.jpg

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like the (ragstone) mine running under the Claygate area of Shepway, which is the only one accessible - there were said to be three more, but on a very small scale, one a few hundred yards west of this one and a couple just to the east of Willington Street (identifiable remains of these no longer exist as far as I'm aware and one was in a back garden anyway). Was the pipe a large iron pipe jutting out from the rockface? Thats the Mote Park mine if it was.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some pictures I took today, hadn't been there for years as I live in Scotland these days. Shows the door (one of a few now that this place has had), the outflow pipe and a remnant

of the original wrought iron fence that surrounded the site, think it dates from the 1960's.

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Its this.

"Report - - Mote Park Mine, Maidstone, Kent - July 2017 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk" https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/mote-park-mine-maidstone-kent-july-2017.109994/

Managed to get imaginative and accessed a few years back. Word got out, people took the mickey and the red door was put on. A friend from county fire messaged me asking about stability as fire guys were worried about going down to check it was clear before sealing

Who has read this thread (Total: 198) View details