real time web analytics
Report - - Red Star Train Graveyard - Budapest, Aug 2013 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Red Star Train Graveyard - Budapest, Aug 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
A recent visit to Hungary in search of derps saw myself and Host visit this rather cool location, basically a very large abandoned loco shed full of rusty trains including some monstrous communist steam trains.
The site itself is part of a live railway depo, guarded and crawling with workers during the day we weren't put of and managed access easy enough. It's a really photogenic place, the roof has collapsed in places, it's dark and nature has returned.
Everything was going pretty well until after about 40 mins i heard a Hungarian voice shout - "No"....."restricted area" !!
Now, we had been warned before hand that Hungarian secca are pretty on top and even the shittiest derp is guarded and usually with dogs :eek:...... this seems largely true, however on this occasion we were happy to have come across probably the friendliest secca i've ever met, we kind of explained what we were doing..... hit lit his pipe, shrugged his shoulders and said "carry on"..... Top bloke, and when we finished he took us to one side and showed us 2 carriages that had come straight from Auschwitz, ironic really as we had been hiding in the very same carriages an hour earlier :D

Once we had finished he kindly showed us the exit and told us the trains had been left in the shed for around 40 years, we thanked him for being so understanding and we was on our way, glad we bumped into him and not some of the other sec we saw during our few days.

No history i'm afraid, just pics...............

trainyardr.jpg

runawaytrainr.jpg

trainz6r.jpg

wheelsr.jpg

trainz4r.jpg

tranpanor.jpg

redstar2r.jpg

redhdrr.jpg

trainz5r.jpg
trainz2r.jpg

trainz10r.jpg

trainz11r.jpg