real time web analytics
General - - Redcar Blast Furnace Nov 16 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Redcar Blast Furnace Nov 16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A little guidance o_O

You"ve covered a good section of the Blast furnace their @Nate :thumb & glad you had fun with the white van men. Some people pay too get an Adrenaline buzz like that :D

It certainly makes things easier to photo in the daytime, but i"m not certain it"s any better for the heart with the extra visibility it gives them ;)

That missing roof section is a bit weird as it"s only that side. No attempt has been made to remove the section next door and there was no Cherry Pickers etc visible on site we could see when we called in. maybe it had been damaged too much and was a danger. Small roof sections were falling down around us in the strong winds so ?

Look forward too the next instalment ;)

Nate

UrbexN8
Banned
Not try the power station?

We headed over there and the place is sealed shut, even the doors on the top layers, didn't help that we set the PIR's off at the back of the station and had around 10 secca in vans looking for us and walking around the station for 2 hours. We were tucked in a tiny gap under a pipe and they came within 6ft of us a few times. As soon as they cleared off we made our way out and off site.

Nate

UrbexN8
Banned
A little guidance o_O

You"ve covered a good section of the Blast furnace their @Nate :thumb & glad you had fun with the white van men. Some people pay too get an Adrenaline buzz like that :D

It certainly makes things easier to photo in the daytime, but i"m not certain it"s any better for the heart with the extra visibility it gives them ;)

That missing roof section is a bit weird as it"s only that side. No attempt has been made to remove the section next door and there was no Cherry Pickers etc visible on site we could see when we called in. maybe it had been damaged too much and was a danger. Small roof sections were falling down around us in the strong winds so ?

Look forward too the next instalment ;)

Thanks man, the weather made it a nice explore too unlike your weekend previous. Had no bother from secca at the furnace itself but we had a birds eye view of them and what they were doing so we knew where we could be seen and when (Powerstation was a different matter as you know). They were still patrolling the roads down below us constantly but the furnace is such a bug structure i think even if you were making yourself obvious it would be hard to spot you up there.

I may do a report on the BOS if there arn't any daytime pictures already, I know most did this place at night.