real time web analytics
Report - - Redmires Water Treatment Plant, Sheffield - June 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Redmires Water Treatment Plant, Sheffield - June 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
On a trip up to Sheffield and the Peak District to tick off some pins on the map, me and @V50jake decided to have a wander around this old Water Treatment works.

History
Three reservoirs simply known as Upper, Middle and Lower occupy the surrounding area that are fed by a number of streams. The purpose of the reservoirs is to create a source for drinking water. There were two Water Treatment buildings to support the filtration of the reservoir water.

The site closed in 1997, and most of its machinery was removed in 2013. Some older reports on this site, and elsewhere on the internet include photos of what it looked like when more machinery was present, which I thought was particularly interesting. A new water treatment facility was built nearby during the mid-80s which is also now disused. This plant closed in 2011 and has been covered a few times on this forum. We didn’t visit this one.

According to another report, the works were on the market for a hefty guide price of £277,000. There were talks to renovate the building but this never materialised.

The Explore
We parked in a nearby public car park and after a five-minute walk through some woodland area, we found the site. It was very easy to access. Unfortunately, it wasn’t as good as expected as it has been subject to a heavy amount of vandalism and decay, but it was still a reasonable, chilled out explore.

Unfortunately, we only looked at the trashed filtration station and didn’t realise there was another part to it nearby (the newer works mentioned in the history section) until we got back! Oh well... you can’t win all the time. We plan to return to this area in the future and get some more places ticked off, so we may take a look at the newer works.

The Pics
I thought I'd mention that this is the first time using a DSLR in around six years, but I feel the photos came out reasonably decent considering I usually just use my phone.

IMG_9438.jpg

Thanks for reading.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Them pics came out great for your first time. Jake was gutted when I said did you do the other bit ha ha.

Thanks mate! Haha yeah I was gutted when he told me. Me and him agreed that we're both bloody useless lol... still had a good day though. And don't even get me started on George Barnsleys!! There's always next time.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ha ha you two do just fine. Least you are not like most of the younger explorers with their stickers and pages and YouTube channels. We won’t mention your hiccup at GB’s :):rofl. Great that you two post on the forum as well, not many can be bothered doing that nowadays.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice take on the place. Still worth a look. Surprised it's not been converted yet as it's been on and off the market over the past few years...

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ha ha you two do just fine. Least you are not like most of the younger explorers with their stickers and pages and YouTube channels. We won’t mention your hiccup at GB’s :):rofl. Great that you two post on the forum as well, not many can be bothered doing that nowadays.
Haha, that's very true, most YouTube urbex content is a waste of time. The stickers do my head in, I don't understand the point in them :rofl

I do really enjoy posting on the forum, going to do more where I can!

I like the graff that says "note the correct use of grammar" immediately after an incorrect use of "you and I" :lol
Haha yep, that made me laugh!

Nice take on the place. Still worth a look. Surprised it's not been converted yet as it's been on and off the market over the past few years...
Yeah definitely still worth a look, as I enjoy these sorts of places regardless of condition really. Yeah, I was surprised to see it's been on the market a few times, thought something would have been done with it by now, especially as it's in a nice area.

Lovely set. The peel round the light switch is a cool image.
Thanks Jane, I love a peely wall haha! I was pleased with how that shot came out.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Just a quick update on this place. I revisited this site around a month ago and it is very much unchanged with the exception of some crap new 'graffiti' making references to Liz Truss' body parts :rofl

I revisited to get some better photos while I was in the area. This time, I also tried the other part of the site nearby but it was getting dark and it was absolutely trashed, more so than expected, so didn't bother getting any pics of that part. There's some construction work going on nearby and at first, I thought they were demolishing the other part of the waterworks but that was not the case. Anyway, here are some up-to-date pics in a slightly different style:

IMG_5593-HDR.jpg

IMG_5548-HDR.jpg

IMG_5512-HDR.jpg

IMG_5497-HDR.jpg

IMG_5557-HDR.jpg

IMG_5527-HDR.jpg

And the Liz reference...

IMG_5560-HDR.jpg

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
Introduction
On a trip up to Sheffield and the Peak District to tick off some pins on the map, me and @V50jake decided to have a wander around this old Water Treatment works.

History
Three reservoirs simply known as Upper, Middle and Lower occupy the surrounding area that are fed by a number of streams. The purpose of the reservoirs is to create a source for drinking water. There were two Water Treatment buildings to support the filtration of the reservoir water.

The site closed in 1997, and most of its machinery was removed in 2013. Some older reports on this site, and elsewhere on the internet include photos of what it looked like when more machinery was present, which I thought was particularly interesting. A new water treatment facility was built nearby during the mid-80s which is also now disused. This plant closed in 2011 and has been covered a few times on this forum. We didn’t visit this one.

According to another report, the works were on the market for a hefty guide price of £277,000. There were talks to renovate the building but this never materialised.

The Explore
We parked in a nearby public car park and after a five-minute walk through some woodland area, we found the site. It was very easy to access. Unfortunately, it wasn’t as good as expected as it has been subject to a heavy amount of vandalism and decay, but it was still a reasonable, chilled out explore.

Unfortunately, we only looked at the trashed filtration station and didn’t realise there was another part to it nearby (the newer works mentioned in the history section) until we got back! Oh well... you can’t win all the time. We plan to return to this area in the future and get some more places ticked off, so we may take a look at the newer works.

The Pics
I thought I'd mention that this is the first time using a DSLR in around six years, but I feel the photos came out reasonably decent considering I usually just use my phone.

IMG_9438.jpg

Thanks for reading.
We missed that bit but did the newer part lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 210) View details