real time web analytics
Report - - Reigate Fort / Mobilisation Centre. 01/01/07 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Reigate Fort / Mobilisation Centre. 01/01/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pauln

too old to be reckless
28DL Full Member
Well it has been done before but since I was on a brisk family stroll in the area I thought I'd nip behind the fence and across the bridge to see how this place was getting on. Managed to take some truly awful pics - the lens must have still had dust on from Shorts on Saturday.... oh well. The last couple of photos are of other (WW2) buildings that are either side of the path that continues across the Downs.

The NT have started to board up ares they don't want people to get into when the fort is open

0298032a-1.jpg

They have started boarding the doors in this part too
0298032a-2.jpg

But I got in anyway
7f8383b0.jpg

This area is still backfilled. I thought they were planning to dig it out but nothing has happened yet (it is still accessible with a bit of a squeeze but I had me best Sunday coat on so didn't bother)
7f8383b0-1.jpg

And two other bunkers
010f0970.jpg

0298032a.jpg

P

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
Re: Reigate Fort / Mobilisation Centre. Report 01/01/07

Went up there this morning, what a great little site. The NT are trying their best to get the site presentable and secure but it looks like whenever they do something the chavs wreak it.
Its all still open and worth a look.

02-11.jpg

01-11.jpg

Walking back to the car I was getting strange looks from people, didnt work it out until I got onto the M25, I still had my head torch on:rolleyes: