real time web analytics
Remains of Pan Am Jumbo jet that was downed during the lockerbie bombing | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Remains of Pan Am Jumbo jet that was downed during the lockerbie bombing

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

oneillbox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The remains of this jet are housed in a compound at the back of a scrap yard near to Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire.

The resting place of the pieces of the jet can be seen on google earth.

May be of interest to some of you. Im not sure what security is like there. Please respect the fact that many people lost their lives in this tragedy.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
The remains of this jet are housed in a compound at the back of a scrap yard near to Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire.

The resting place of the pieces of the jet can be seen on google earth.

May be of interest to some of you. Im not sure what security is like there. Please respect the fact that many people lost their lives in this tragedy.
No doubt it will be moved, or heavily guarded, and we might as well say trying to take anything is still technically theft to any 'guests' looking at this i strongly encourage you not for legal and moral reason, A sad and shocking event, I hope it is moved somewhere else this is not very respectful to all who lost there lives having this just left this.
But interesting non the less. May all 270 victims rest.

04palmerh

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live near here, the main body of the jet is in a warehouse, just next to the other remains. The remains are viewable from the go kart track next to the scrapyard. You can't really see much unless you take some binoculars.

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Had this pinned for a little while. Albeit it's mostly scrap metal, nothing of major interest like dials or cockpit components.

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Saw this a few years back, it does give you a strange feeling when up close to it, maybe its because im of the age when I can remember seeing it on the news when it happened.

Who has read this thread (Total: 472) View details