real time web analytics
Remains of Pan Am Jumbo jet that was downed during the lockerbie bombing | Other Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Remains of Pan Am Jumbo jet that was downed during the lockerbie bombing

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I saw an urbexer post shots of this a good few years ago, I wanted to say it was distasteful but at the same time I looked at the pics and found them grimly fascinating. Most I think the surprise that all those bits are just dumped in a scrapyard in case they're ever needed again.

It's certainly not just tangled metal, there's a lot of recognisable parts there albeit horribly twisted and battered. Harrowing stuff.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
I didn’t realise it was still part of investigation,as has been said that changes things.

Mookster I agree with you on the house shooting,but that was in a time period of 3 years........Lockerbie is now 32years.

I sure quite a few of us have crawled over the bones of thousands of dead french People

When I think of that its quite hard to judge where the line is

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
I didn’t realise it was still part of investigation,as has been said that changes things.

Mookster I agree with you on the house shooting,but that was in a time period of 3 years........Lockerbie is now 32years.

I sure quite a few of us have crawled over the bones of thousands of dead french People

I 2nd that

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Meh as long as you're not making videos for likes and shares I cant see any issue. Documenting this kind of thing is what we do, it's not disrespectful unless you make it.

Anyone done Grenfell yet?

dassle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been a few times, most of the cars around have now gone (as of December 2020)

Floodingdale

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I saw an urbexer post shots of this a good few years ago, I wanted to say it was distasteful but at the same time I looked at the pics and found them grimly fascinating. Most I think the surprise that all those bits are just dumped in a scrapyard in case they're ever needed again.

It's certainly not just tangled metal, there's a lot of recognisable parts there albeit horribly twisted and battered. Harrowing stuff.
Correction: The flight number was Pan Am 103. The plane was a Boeing 747-100 named Clipper Maid Of The Seas (N739PA), if I am correct you are seeing the remains of the first ever Boeing 747 to be put into revenue service, now sadly a pile of mess after a devastating incident.
Where is this?

Who has read this thread (Total: 474) View details