real time web analytics
Report - - Repetition ,Wath upon Dearne, april 2021 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Repetition ,Wath upon Dearne, april 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Repetition is a large modern concrete storm drain located through an industrial estate of manvers way , built to carry the flow from the brook dike its 3m x 3m did seem rather overkill . Having a nosy around on maps during lockdown i had this marked as a possible to do ? The infall is all gated up but the outflow i couldnt make out so another excuse to rev up the ducati and go and check it out seamed the correct option :cool: On arriving the outfall was gated up however it was wide open so a small sense of urgency prevailed as its only a matter of time before yorkshire water get there arse in gear and lock them back up i made plans to get it ticked of my list as soon as ! Invited Nuboid on very short notice and was very pleased when he accepted and turned up ,the first time ive done an explore with a forum member but hopefully not the last, on with the explore got there before 8 and got kitted up nuboid turned up moments later and we gained access no problem

was quite a grand affair the outfall no expense spared at all ! The water at the start was knee deep just over making waders the only option

looking back to the outfall , the water at this point was thigh deep and the bottom very silty making progress hard , plenty of fish jumping around mind

looking back to start the water had got a bit shallower but we were still splashing our way through

getting a bit shallower now it was around this point we encountered a couple of ducks the open entrance trapping them in they flew straight up banging there heads on the ceiling then flew straight past us ! that was about the only feature of this place !

this is what i mean about repetition precast concrete channels no other features and every pic looked the bloody same ! was nice to have Nuboid to talk too as its a featureless slog

after a time we reached the infall the outside grill and metal work is some of the most extensive ive seen ,at 775 meters it must have cost a small fortune this drain !
no way out at the infall so about turn and a long trudge back to the outfall , well not a classic and hard going we both had naps that afternoon on the positive it was nice to meet up with a new drainer im sure we will explore some more and hopefully they will be a bit more exciting than this one ! thanks for watching :thumb

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
t'was a nice steady mooch that jezzyboo
pity is was quite featureless but you never know till you get in these things...
Did feel for them ducks tho ...cant be nice banging your head against a concrete duct all day long...hope they got out eventually

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
opportunity knocked, you took a punt. Thats what we do. Yes it featureless, but we never know. Well done

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I found this one in 2018 and named it Uninspired, so at least we had similar thoughts!

ha ha yes thats as good a title as mine a long slog for not much reward promised a lot being a big drain but sadly diddnt deliver , only just noticed on the pics how high the water level has been in the past ! the marks on the concrete vindicate yorkshire water my apologies for saying the 3x3metere was overkill