real time web analytics
Report - Mostar Bank Building/Sniper Tower | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mostar Bank Building/Sniper Tower

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Harry_Flashman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Having had a look around the outside of the tower last year but not going in due to the area being pretty busy and being a bit unsure abut how the local residents might view tourists having a poke around we revisited again recently and managed to have a look inside.

Access is easy, it just involves walking round the back of the building and hopping over the 7 foot wall using one of the numerous piles of things left there for that very purpose. The open stairwell is pretty much directly in line with the windows of some housing next to the building, but once you get above about the 3rd floor it's a bit less visible.

I understand that the site is apparently soon to be redeveloped, as evident by the cleanup which seems to have taken place at some point recently. Earlier photos I have seen show the site strewn with rubbish, bottles from parties and other odds and ends, but on our visit the site had been very well cleared out and the floors even seemed to have been swept. My guess is that this won't be accessible, at least in its current guide, for much longer.

IMG_0191.jpeg

We were there for sunset

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

It reads "Don't Jump".

IMG_0207.jpeg

View down the lift shaft

IMG_0188.jpeg

Ladder up to the roof - there was a camera up there on some kind of equipment (weather monitoring?)

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg