real time web analytics
Report - St. Peter's Seminary, Cardoss, Scotland - 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Peter's Seminary, Cardoss, Scotland - 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

danielsmith

28DL Member
28DL Member
A couple of weeks ago, I went up to Scotland to visit my Brother. He lives in Falkirk, about 23 miles from Edinburgh. Before I went, I looked for any abandoned places I could visit and came across St. Peter's Seminary in Cardross. Luckily it was about an hour's car ride from Falkirk so we decided to go up and have a look.

Description: "St. Peter's Seminary is a disused Roman Catholic seminary near Cardross in Scotland. Designed by the firm of Gillespie, Kidd & Coia, it has been described by the international architecture conservation organisation DOCOMOMO as a modern building of world significance. It is one of only 42 post-war buildings in Scotland to be listed Category A, the highest level of protection available. It has been abandoned since the end of the 1980s, and is currently in a ruinous state. It was announced in early 2015 that the site had been handed over to artist Angus Farquhar, with the intention that part of it would become an arts venue, but all of the funding fell through and the idea was scrapped."

The place is very large and completely empty. There's no glass in any of the windows and nothing to suggest it was ever a religious building.

The building is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and so it's very quiet once you get there. I'd seen photos online and thought it looked really manky, but it seems to have been cleaned up fairly recently and there were quite a lot of safety railings in place. It's kind of hard to imagine the place ever being inhabited and I reckon it must have been pretty soulless even when it was being used.

The first photo I've uploaded shows the building when it was in use. The rest are mine. They're not technically great, but I'm not a pro photographer :)

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the photos.
Daniel

Pic (1).jpg

Pic (2).jpg

Pic (3).jpg

Pic (4).jpg

Pic (5).jpg

Pic (6).jpg

Pic (7).jpg

Pic (9).jpg

Pic (10).jpg

Pic (11).jpg

Pic (12).jpg

Pic (13).jpg

Pic (14).jpg

Pic (15).jpg

Pic (16).jpg

Pic (17).jpg

Pic (18).JPG

Pic (19).JPG

Pic (20).JPG

Pic (21).JPG

Pic (22).JPG

Pic (8).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The railings were put in place for some art exhibition thing a couple of years back, nice to see it again.