real time web analytics
Report - Young Pioneer Palace, Georgia - Oct 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Young Pioneer Palace, Georgia - Oct 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alkey_15

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Palace was built in 1960 in the Imereti Region of Georgia. As part of the Soviet educational system, pioneer palaces were a crucial propaganda programme to the Communist regime of the Soviet Union. They were a mass youth organisation for children of age 9–15 that existed between 1922 and 1991. Pioneers learned skills of social cooperation and attended publicly funded summer camps. Whilst joining the organisation was theoretically optional, pretty much all the children in the Soviet Union belonged to the organisation; it was a natural part of growing up.

Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, the organisation was disbanded and the locations either fell into disrepair or changed use. Nowadays the building is partially destroyed. Part of activities conducted in the building are suspended, or continue in the narrowed form in other buildings.

Unfortunately I have a lack of photo's because I was faffing around with my drone too much and both that and camera ran out of battery...

DJI_0158.JPG

DJI_0167.JPG

SAM_7409.JPG

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wow! That place is absolutely surreal. Looks more like a Roman city rather than something built in 1960...