real time web analytics
Report - - Research Station Fenhurst AUG 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Research Station Fenhurst AUG 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

VDUBJack

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey peeps,

So I think this is the most amazing place I have been too so far ( not much cool stuff to look at inside ) the whole premises is really cool you get this apocalyptic vibe as soon as you walk into the over grown car park this place is really spacious and quite peaceful makes for a nice easy explore no climbing through stuff just walk straight in If your looking for somewhere with lots of stuff and history this is not the place for you but if you just enjoy buildings and scenery I highly recommend. The whole place was gutted on the inside there is a bit of graffiti and vandalism which is a shame but it’s too be expected for a building of its age.

Really really cool roof on this place ( me and my pal spent a long time trying to find it haha must of walked past a dozen times ) when you do find it just climb up and you’ll be amazed it’s really really cool nice view anyway enjoy the pictures bellow and I little bit of history I have on the place :)

Stay safe peeps.

History: ( can’t take credit I read this elsewhere )

I believe it’s been abandoned now science 2001 and was a chemical research factory for animal/creature related chemicals

VDUBJack

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort, your thread could do with the correct name and location though, the place went by many names but it's last incarnation was Syngenta Agrochemicals, in Fernhurst.

Thanks dude yeah I spent hours last night on here so bloody interesting and although it’s a piece of cake to find this place don’t wanna directly give out the location personally as I think people should have to hunt for it but yes thanks for the tip I will implement it into my next report ( dependent on if it’s well known or not )

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
In 1945, the site became home to ICI’s Plant Protection Division. Verdley House was constructed in the early 1980s. In 1993, ICI de-merged its pharmaceutical bio-science businesses and Zeneca Agrochemicals was formed. Zeneca Agrochemicals and Novartis Agribusiness merged in 2000 to create Syngenta. In December 2001, the company officially left site and re-located to the Surrey Research Park. Developers Comer Group bought the site in 2003 with the talk of redeveloping the site for houses, although other information states it was sold in 2007/8 by AkzoNobel. However since then the local South Downs Nationakl Park has suggested no large scale development of the site

VDUBJack

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In 1945, the site became home to ICI’s Plant Protection Division. Verdley House was constructed in the early 1980s. In 1993, ICI de-merged its pharmaceutical bio-science businesses and Zeneca Agrochemicals was formed. Zeneca Agrochemicals and Novartis Agribusiness merged in 2000 to create Syngenta. In December 2001, the company officially left site and re-located to the Surrey Research Park. Developers Comer Group bought the site in 2003 with the talk of redeveloping the site for houses, although other information states it was sold in 2007/8 by AkzoNobel. However since then the local South Downs Nationakl Park has suggested no large scale development of the site file:///C:/Users/weste/Downloads/2012_SDNPA_Advice_Note_Syngenta_Site.pdf

Look at you with all the facts ayyy, thank you for that I love a bit of history and for the people that read my thread they now have all the facts down bellow :)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Yes good 1st report. Very comprehensive. Welcome to 28 dl. I saw you only joined yesterday and its great you've got stuck in right off the bat. As above could you just add Fenhurst in title bar as Sussex is too broad. And add mth & yr. Just format really. And it shows us changes to a place from yr to yr.

VDUBJack

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes good 1st report. Very comprehensive. Welcome to 28 dl. I saw you only joined yesterday and its great you've got stuck in right off the bat. As above could you just add Fenhurst in title bar as Sussex is too broad. And add mth & yr. Just format really. And it shows us changes to a place from yr to yr.

Thank you :) and I will do that now, I have done a few places over the years but recently came across this platform and really like it !! Look forward to seeing more ! :)

Kitcars89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort, your thread could do with the correct name and location though, the place went by many names but it's last incarnation was Syngenta Agrochemicals, in Fernhurst.
Does anyone know if this still there thanks

Kitcars89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I mean these photos were taken this month so unless it's fallen into a big hole in the ground it's probably still there....
I went to night there is so meny torches on in there didn’t know of there more of us in there or homeless people some please help

Tom Ellis

TJExplore
28DL Full Member
Sick first report dude and welcome to the site. I'd recommend this thread for any advise writing future reports if you need it :)

VDUBJack

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sick first report dude and welcome to the site. I'd recommend this thread for any advise writing future reports if you need it :)

Thank you and yeah I have spent a lottttt of my time on here already in the past few days I had a brief read of the beginners guide but will look into it a lot more before I do the next report have been sat here with me note pad for a while hunting for new locations... got one that i cant find anything about on here yet so that will be a gooden if I can ever find the exact location !

Tannibear

28DL Member
28DL Member
Has anyone been to this site recently? I had no idea any buildings even still existed there. I worked at this site in the late '80s - I was a graphic designer for ICI Agrochemicals (which then became Zeneca etc etc). These photos are amazing and now I really want to go back and take a look! Got to add that this particular site was a plant research facility and I can vouch that no animals were used for testing at this location (I would not have worked there if that had been the case). My dad also worked here - he started there in the early 70s and stayed until his retirement in the 90s. Before the main building was created all the offices were like army-style huts. I think they had all been demolished during the new build, may have been a couple left. I'm guessing the Jag may have been one of the company's pool cars...I totally need to visit this place!

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 224) View details