Web
Analytics
Information - - Residential stuff going forward | Residential Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Residential stuff going forward

Andrew32

Addicted to bad camera framing
28DL Full Member
But there again on the flip side posting real addresses gives the game away to. The goontubers, children,thieves, and pseudo explorer. It’s a no win situation.
Had to learn this the hard way, I now sit on locations like I'm doing now, simple fact is don't post a report if you don't want people going. At least those rules are only for this site, being now I use other sites especially Facebook too, 28dayslater becomes a place for noteworthy locations and photography, not looking for locations, at least not good ones.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Most of the proper good stuff here isnt posted publically until its been spunked onto insta/facey by goons; then theres no point to keeping it hidden and its moved.

edited to add.

The only problem is that in retrospect it looks like it was posted publically on 28 first , usually looking immaculate, and then people say look how fucked it is 3 months later and blame the site :(

But thats a whole other discussion not for here.

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
But there again on the flip side posting real addresses gives the game away to. The goontubers, children,thieves, and pseudo explorer. It’s a no win situation.
If that's what you're worried about then don't post them, there's no law on here saying all locations you visit must be posted. If you're uncomfortable with letting the location of somewhere you've explored be known then leave it until its demolished or redeveloped.

grindle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If that's what you're worried about then don't post them, there's no law on here saying all locations you visit must be posted. If you're uncomfortable with letting the location of somewhere you've explored be known then leave it until its demolished or redeveloped.
I always post real identities when I know them I play by the rules but recent events are deterring me from so doing ( I have a number that I won’t post maybe not even NP, it’s a dilemma, things ain’t what they used to be)

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
Regular User
FFS get over it! For the most part they're shit soggy derps filled with crap that some scrote has already broken into and allowed "explorers" access. When said scrotes come back to finish the job "explorers" lose their shit like the titanic has gone down! You do all know that vandals, thieves and pikies have been around a lot longer than the internet don't you? This shit has gone on forever!

If it was up to me, I'd fuck 90% of this section off, it's just not interesting.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
FFS get over it! For the most part they're shit soggy derps filled with crap that some scrote has already broken into and allowed "explorers" access. When said scrotes come back to finish the job "explorers" lose their shit like the titanic has gone down! You do all know that vandals, thieves and pikies have been around a lot longer than the internet don't you? This shit has gone on forever!

If it was up to me, I'd fuck 90% of this section off, it's just not interesting.
But I thought that at all abandoned locations every previous owner was kind enough to leave a door open for us, right? Right?....

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If we are just sticking to bigger grand places though there will be more and more of the same places posted. Once ive read one place im not fussed about reading the other 12 posts about it.

I may of just posted 2 that you may want to delete? Im not sure. Sorry if so.

i like to find the smaller lesser known places but i do get it that others might not find them that interesting. Your site your rules

Andrew32

Addicted to bad camera framing
28DL Full Member
If we are just sticking to bigger grand places though there will be more and more of the same places posted. Once ive read one place im not fussed about reading the other 12 posts about it.

I may of just posted 2 that you may want to delete? Im not sure. Sorry if so.

i like to find the smaller lesser known places but i do get it that others might not find them that interesting. Your site your rules
At the end of the day it's your own choice to make, if you think it's worth the time making a report and discussing a location, only issues have been mainly happening on the residential forum with people posting crap photos, boring places or even stuff that isn't abandoned. Luckily the rules of having locations and requiring a layout with adequate history weeds out the majority, with the rest ending up with bad comments because of their ignorance to follow rules. If it's still something you want to see just migrate to Facebook, it's choc full of the stuff, just trying to keep this forum to a certain standard to appreciate history, good photography and interesting locations. "Noteworthy reports" gives some of the best examples of this.

This also definitely doesn't mean bigger places are better, most of my favourite places are the smaller locations, with more detail than an empty mansion ready to go up for sale

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
At the end of the day it's your own choice to make, if you think it's worth the time making a report and discussing a location, only issues have been mainly happening on the residential forum with people posting crap photos, boring places or even stuff that isn't abandoned. Luckily the rules of having locations and requiring a layout with adequate history weeds out the majority, with the rest ending up with bad comments because of their ignorance to follow rules. If it's still something you want to see just migrate to Facebook, it's choc full of the stuff, just trying to keep this forum to a certain standard to appreciate history, good photography and interesting locations. "Noteworthy reports" gives some of the best examples of this.

This also definitely doesn't mean bigger places are better, most of my favourite places are the smaller locations, with more detail than an empty mansion ready to go up for sale
Yeah I understand, the 2 places I just found were pretty boring in the grand scheme of things and didn't know the history so I will see if I can delete