Web
Analytics
Information - - Residential stuff going forward | Residential Sites | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Residential stuff going forward

Scoobysrt

Stay in, save lives.
Regular User
At the end of the day everyone likes different things and I do accept some people love picking through old bills and peoples knickers and I dont want to deter new people that have made some effort to share their experience but it feels that if all the pictures were made black and white you would swear they were all the same boring house.
Thanks for the update, good the hear the wheels are turning.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Im totally up for helping with that . Read every new post. Read so many soggy derps with no name, it is becoming a joke. And these rightmove urbexs are annoying me to the max. I feel for the owners big time. Had it happen to me. I hate urbexing getting a bad name due to it. So many code names, and areas not correct either. Photos of great grannys kinickers isnt my thing at all.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
I've been doing that myself lately, ive taken pics of explores but thought im enjoying myself but someone looking at pics of the place wouldn't get it so ive not posted a report.
Thats just it Scoobs, if you enjoy that then do it, just dont post it here. Most dont want to see it, or if they do I always think its for another reason. Not to explore and take nothing !!!

Last edited:

Scoobysrt

Stay in, save lives.
Regular User
Im totally up for helping with that . Read every new post. Read so many soggy derps with no name, it is becoming a joke. And these rightmove urbexs are annoying me to the max. I feel for the owners big time. Had it happen to me. I hate urbexing getting a bad name due to it. So many code names, and areas not correct either. Photos of great grannys kinickers isnt my thing at all.
I think that's why its getting to me a bit, I come on a few times a day and night and read every new post but recently its all the same and selfishly im crying because its not what I'm into.
I apprechiate im on rocky ground myself because I love really derpy commercial stuff like the falcon works I did a few weeks ago but I personally feel there's a difference.

Edit, yes cj, im with you there, a few reports popping up of people getting pms asking for them to steal stuff or tell them if stuff could be removed, disgusting.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
I think that's why its getting to me a bit, I come on a few times a day and night and read every new post but recently its all the same and selfishly im crying because its not what I'm into.
I apprechiate im on rocky ground myself because I love really derpy commercial stuff like the falcon works I did a few weeks ago but I personally feel there's a difference.

Edit, yes cj, im with you there, a few reports popping up of people getting pms asking for them to steal stuff or tell them if stuff could be removed, disgusting.
I totally get where your coming from, Ive posted one derpy old house on here, a few years ago, but at least it was 800 years old and had a bunker. These new posts daily with titles of abandoned this or that, wrong area etc are getting to me too. I see so many people come in and ask where these places are. And I cant prove its for nosiness sake, but if its not grand, mansion, Old, historic, etc then why are so many after it. Its always the derps full of stuff. Leads me to think the negative tbh.

I get pms all the time asking if I can find a place for someone. I had one a few days ago, they joined that day, posted nothing and asked if I could get them details of a place I hadnt posted, but they thought Id help them visit. The place they wanted was full of stuff. made me go hummmm!!

mockney reject

Chief Goon
Staff member
It’s a difficult section to police, most explorers start with soggy derps and move on to other stuff. If we bin every single soggy derp post then that could alienate future epic explorers.

Maybe instead of worry about the content in that forum get out and explore stuff to add to the sections you enjoy :)

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My only complaint is if the title says something like "old farmhouse in Somerset" or "abandoned house in Norfolk". That put's me off reading the report. If it said something like "abandoned farm on east side of Taunton built about xxxx and believed to be abandoned since 2007" I would read the report - I accept by not reading these reports I maybe missing something - and it's easy to criticise from being stuck indoors most days, so i don't want to put anyone off from visiting such places