Web
Analytics
Report - - Richborough Power Station, [Night] - May 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Richborough Power Station, [Night] - May 2011

PinkMystt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Richborough Power Station

History

Has been coverd numerous times, so ial stick to the pics.

Explore

Being local ive seen it for many many years and i allways wanderd what there was inside. a few faild attempts to find a way in and alot of dissapointment over 5 years hearing about its probable demo (there was even a compotition) and then redevelopment i never thaught iad get the chance. I first visited the station a few weeks back, a tipoff from a urbexer and a free weekend and engless memorys and storys handed down to me by my grandad who infact built a sections of the cooling towers i figured... WTH, this place has allways grabbed my imagination and it would be a travesty to not see it before the land is sold or they rip it down.

so off i went...

my first trip was amaizing, allthough i found myself more in awe of my surroundings then trying to capture the images i wanted. was a lil bit more then a photo trip for me (sad i know). we took pics of the towers from underneath, the sewage plant and a couple of the warehouse sections and then when peeking round a wall some ment in green vests with a security van xD! we decide dot cut the trip short.. ;)

but it was realyyyyyyyyy bugging me. i felt dissapointed that i got so close to this wonderfull building but didnt even get my foot in the door.
I ha dot go back. then a message from a 28dl member, Demo is now on site, if your going to see it iad go soon. Bollox -_- ...

so heres my dilema, go back and MAYBE see the buildings or dnt bother and miss a never again oppotunity. OFC i went. lol. but this time i wanted to do something much more diffrent. sorta liek my own fairwell to my obsession with the station. so i did it at night and Wow.. loved every second.

was my first night shoot ever, so i appologise for the quality of some of my pics, haveing to use a maglight and picture as u go is a lil more difficult then i thaught, spesh wen ur dodgeing pigeons both alive and dead.

silo-1.jpg

bottomsupports.jpg

3towers.jpg

ladder.jpg

front.jpg

turbinehalls.jpg

turbinerooms.jpg

lockers.jpg

pigeonholes.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: