real time web analytics
Report - - Riley's Snooker Hall, Walsall, August 2010 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Riley's Snooker Hall, Walsall, August 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
This building is currently being refurbished and made into another snooker hall of a different name. It used to be Riley's snooker club and before that the 5th Nightclub. And even before that it was Drill Hall for the Territorial Army who moved out in 1984. The historical significance of the building is a monument errected in honour of the 5th Battalion South Staffordshire regiment.

Thanks to Katibe the part owner(hope I've spelt it right)who allowed me to walk around and take some shots.

I cut and pasted this from IC Walsall.co.uk

"The commemorative monument has been there since the TA centre was built in 1910.

"Soldiers who fought in two World Wars have marched underneath it and it should be safeguarded out of respect for them and for future generations."

Campaigners say the monument should be removed and housed in the Staffordshire Regiment Museum as they say it is a vital part of Walsall's history.

They fear the former TA centre, which has lain empty could fall victim to vandals and arson-ists"

1)
outsiderileys_resize.jpg

2)
1910_resize.jpg

3)This is the crest for the 5th Battalion South Staffordshire regiment which campaigners want preserved.
5thBatallioncrest_resize.jpg

4)
Bar_resize.jpg

5)
tables_resize.jpg

6)
stairs_resize.jpg

7)
snookertables_resize.jpg

8)
trafficlights_resize.jpg

9)
LadiesGents_resize.jpg

10)Has a Gala Bingo feel to it don't you think...
tiolets_resize.jpg

11)
fireextinguishers_resize.jpg

12)
fireplace_resize.jpg

13)
2skylights_resize.jpg

14)
skylight_resize.jpg

15)
boardedwindow_resize.jpg

16)