real time web analytics
Report - - River Effra (Sewer) - A Decade Of Southern Division Associated Drainage, London 2010 - 2019. | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Effra (Sewer) - A Decade Of Southern Division Associated Drainage, London 2010 - 2019.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I admire your dedication to these drains and poo pipes.

I could lie and say “ya if it wasn’t for the rats and spiders I’d be all over them myself!” But I just wouldn’t be able to shake the fear of being washed away and dying a horrible death while choking on old turds.

Thanks for sharing mate. Exceptional report and shots!

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Knew I should have got a beer and snacks before opening this, one I'll come back to several times no doubt. Fantastic report bud.

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Well that was a nice long read. Been lookin forward to seeing pics/ drawings etc for ages and they didn't disappoint.
'That' night you went for a closer look at the effra is one I'll never forget. How you didn't go down the pipe I'll never know. I'd put money on there being a guard rail there next time we see it. Wonder where your gear ended up - wasn't at screens at challenger was it!
Also goes to show that there's still london drains that have hitherto gone 'unseen' - some for decades probably.

mockney reject

Staff member
Fucking epic mate

Your phone call that night was one of the most panicked calls I've ever received.

As I've said many times since, I'm glad it was only your gear you lost.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Fucking hell, Ojay! That’s for the report, and the near death experience. Lovely writeup and photos, the result of some really admirable dedication to the cause! And glad you didn’t die, obviously.

xplorer.x

Ignorant Youth
Banned
Superb report there dude. Very lucky indeed you didn't get swept away!

Took me an hour so so but I made it through. :D
Recently started gaining interest in all the places hidden beneath the surface of London and this was just something else!

All the different tunnel designs and changes made throughout the years is intriguing. I especially like the brickwork in the West Norwood branch.

Once again great report, you have clearly put a lot of effort into this! :thumb

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
That Effra to Deptford segue you pulled was very nice. :cool:
Fucking Challenger man, my Cavvie got screwdrivered for its Tom Tom while down Challenger. That was four times i was robbed in London lol.
Good to see youse smashing them out. It makes my headspin trying to recall memories about these systems. I always used to joke that there were MI6 Jetskies behind those Brixton SR flaps.
Gawddamn i love that Brixton vertical brick oval. Such a fresh fuckin shape.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can't get the detail on those signs, it is a flow measuring device, but it says something about "WARNING"......is the rest of the blurb mentioning not to stand under it as it may activate something, or that there could be high speed flows just past the signs? Interesting report.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Can't get the detail on those signs, it is a flow measuring device, but it says something about "WARNING"......is the rest of the blurb mentioning not to stand under it as it may activate something, or that there could be high speed flows just past the signs? Interesting report.

They're typically ultrasonic 'flow hawks' used to measure/monitor flow & levels (Telemetry) data is automatically transmitted to receiving equipment for live monitoring

So like big brother watching the drains, obv walking/standing under them will send all sorts of false data back to H.Q and I always advise people not to hang about under them for obvious reasons ;)

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers, recall you mentioning 'flow hawks' before in another post. Just never seen them mentioned on a sign before in a pic on a report. Yes blocking them will alert HQ of your presence, good point.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
..Also thanks peeps for persevering with it, appreciate it's a lot of info to take in (even for the drain nerds)
Hopefully Ginge will be along at some point with some kinda map of this lot to make a bit more sense of it all as I can't find my crayons :brew

Who has read this thread (Total: 424) View details