real time web analytics
Report - - River Effra (Sewer) - A Decade Of Southern Division Associated Drainage, London 2010 - 2019. | Noteworthy Reports | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Effra (Sewer) - A Decade Of Southern Division Associated Drainage, London 2010 - 2019.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
As requested :D

49278151462_9a2e52d131_b.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Loved this, the curve, and colour, design of a drain is something so beautiful yet rarely seen. This should be in a book somewhere. Hope your moving it to Noteworthy as it sure as hell is. !!:Not Worthy

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the map to help illustrate the write up @tallginge obv I have a multitude of stuff here, but like I say, my artistic skills are somewhat lacking lol

Quite ridiculous how much we actually covered in a relatively short space of time, despite me covering a good chunk of it SLOWLY over past decade both alone and with others

A lot of research, a few failures, some sketch/bait moments, also your loyalty to the drain ya big nerd is what makes it all worthwhile seeing it all come together like everything else you and I have documented, I think that's why I'm drawn to drains, that and the history, the architecture etc

I often wonder why I do it, that's the answer really ^ Obv we all do our share of tourist stuff, but I'm not into queuing up at some derp for the same old shot everyone else is there for, (although I have occasionally)..

Plenty of unfinished slow burning drain related stuff to finalise also, I'll keep chipping away and expect some more TL;DR stuff in the near future, many of my older threads are dead atm due to the incompetence of Photobucket having an outage that's dragged on for well over a week!

The costs are mounting with forum image hosting and content delivery for the site also, we will at some point @Oxygen Thief and myself address this and be switching that lot to a different platform and a much more cost effective solution long term so possibly some disruption when the time comes :)

Toodlecat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking report- clearly put alot of time and detail into this write up which has clearly payed off :thumb

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I really enjoyed reading through your report, you've done a fantastic job of covering the place. It always amazes me how much time and effort must have gone into the design and construction of such important pieces of engineering back in the day

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Outstanding stuff ojay. The brickwork employed into these pipes and shafts always amazes me. Props for the dedication, research and effort put into this. Bazalgette would be proud!

The_Raw

Staff member
Dayyum that's as thorough as a report can get. I dread to think how many Kronies were consumed in the making of this! Top stuff mate and definitely one for the noteworthy section

gingerspeedfreak

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow, what a report. Top job and a true labour of love. Heading back to the top of page one to go through it again...........

Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well covered! Really cool that ginge is making detailed maps of this stuff also. Reminds me of the russians and all the detailed maps they make of the metro. Keep at it, will be a great thing to look back on!

Who has read this thread (Total: 425) View details