real time web analytics
Report - - River Rea Birmingham (Tunnels) | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Rea Birmingham (Tunnels)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
the first 6 photos are a few of the tunnels that lead off the river rea in Highgate
very hot in them tunnels too, And be careful with water coming out of the side walls into the tunnel shit.
The next lot photos are a few tunnels and the dark half hour tunnels over by Lawley middleway and Landor street
Done most of this river since 8 yrs old lol that was 40yrs ago
Too old for this Enjoy

chills

Queller of the uprising
Nice to see some of the side pipes, never bothered myself as they’re too much of a stoop and effort. For a report though, you need a bit of history, month in the title, and maybe a few more photos. Equally, I know most of these aren’t the same section so may be confusing for people looking at this thread!

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see some of the side pipes, never bothered myself as they’re too much of a stoop and effort. For a report though, you need a bit of history, month in the title, and maybe a few more photos. Equally, I know most of these aren’t the same section so may be confusing for people looking at this thread!
yeah i understand, only reason ive put these photos up too let others know about the many tunnels off the river rea
Theres over 100+ in brum, enjoy the photos ;)

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Someone somewhere somehow needs to get Brum's poo pipes seen. There must be loads that's unexplored right and not just off the Rea. Surely it'd be mostly brick n big as well like most other cities.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Someone somewhere somehow needs to get Brum's poo pipes seen. There must be loads that's unexplored right and not just off the Rea. Surely it'd be mostly brick n big as well like most other cities.

I’ve never ventured into the sewer systems of Birmingham despite it being my patch. If it’s brick and big as you suggest Ginge, I’m in!

tallginge

Regular User
Hopefully it will be mate. Reckon it'll take some searching tho unless someone comes across a good map. Hopefully working in Staffordshire next month. If i get time some time off I'll try n come down

chills

Queller of the uprising
Hopefully it will be mate. Reckon it'll take some searching tho unless someone comes across a good map. Hopefully working in Staffordshire next month. If i get time some time off I'll try n come down

Nice, let me know if you’re down this way and we’ll take a look. I’ll have a map search!

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Trouble is everything ive ever seen is a raging torrent of shit even in the dry. Theres plenty of sewer overflows down the rea but they are all either too stoopy or to deep for me to attempt.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Trouble is everything ive ever seen is a raging torrent of shit even in the dry. Theres plenty of sewer overflows down the rea but they are all either too stoopy or to deep for me to attempt.

I may start wandering some pipes then. Depends on the stoop though, I don’t want to be face down in putrid shit.

tallginge

Regular User

That's a shame. Maybe in the early hours? I know it's not the first time this has been discussed but there must be more to see nearer Minworth maybe?

I may start wandering some pipes then. Depends on the stoop though, I don’t want to be face down in putrid shit.

Haha no-one likes that, mate and there's almost always another way. Go careful and don't get too 'carried away' if you do go looking

chills

Queller of the uprising
That's a shame. Maybe in the early hours? I know it's not the first time this has been discussed but there must be more to see nearer Minworth maybe?

Haha no-one likes that, mate and there's almost always another way. Go careful and don't get too 'carried away' if you do go looking

Most of the pipes are wretched so I probably won’t go far. Late night seems a far better option if I have the preference.

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Most cities are proud of their rivers but not so here because most of the Rea is not seen, causes traffic bottle necks and sometimes localised flooding so tends to get a bad press. In the late 1970s the company I worked for was extracting under licence water from the river Rea for cooling after it went through a number of sieves and cleaners. It was then discharged back to the river. It was my job to prove to Severn Trent that the quality of the water going back was better than what we were extracting. They threatened to take us to court so we decided okay we have all the evidence - go ahead - they withdrew their threat. So apart from bad press I have found these 2 articles which may be of interest to you - the first is at https://www.reacatchmentpartnership.co.uk/component/k2/itemlist?start=0 and the other is at https://www.newcivilengineer.com/la...river by reducing pollution from our sewers.”

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
The CSO chamber in pic number 7 is one I have earmarked for checking out next time I visit Brum, which is probably not for a while.
There's a couple of control kiosks and big array of lids above it that need lifting, I'm sure one of them would yield some results.
Considering the size of Birmingham, there's got to be some lovely big brick sewers!

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The CSO chamber in pic number 7 is one I have earmarked for checking out next time I visit Brum, which is probably not for a while.
There's a couple of control kiosks and big array of lids above it that need lifting, I'm sure one of them would yield some results.
Considering the size of Birmingham, there's got to be some lovely big brick sewers!
theres a few good tunnels over by Rocky lane that go under the road and factorys, but not found way to get down there yet very close too loads factorys and yards all being used i try last year and in mins had people coming out car places etc

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Theres a long tunnel over Highgate way aswell but i had turn back way too hot in there as i think it goes under all the roads going up too five ways island

Who has read this thread (Total: 414) View details