Web
Analytics
Report - - River Street, Manchester - August 2016 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - River Street, Manchester - August 2016

Bolts

28DL Regular User
Regular User
River Street

bf25mp.jpg

Yep, it's that empty concrete shell on the side of the Mancunian Way again. I was stuck for something to do whilst waiting for a couple of mates to arrive in town so decided to swing up here, really wasn't worth the effort but it meant I wasn't waiting round doing nothing.
History from @sim2lew:
Originally envisaged as a 65 apartment complex with on-site amenities and underground parking, a split level concrete frame was erected in 2004 and development came to a standstill soon after. Planning permission was granted in 2008 to extend the frame upwards to create a 215 room hotel on the site, but no work was carried out and the planning permission lapsed in 2012. The site was then briefly used as a car park before the low rise portion of the frame was demolished in November 2015 following the most recent planning application being approved. The current aim is to build a 42 storey apartment complex on the site, but no further work took place in 2016.
fu2fkp.jpg

28ukxfa.jpg

i53r08.jpg

x0rbzt.jpg

euoufs.jpg

Exciting stuff, clearly.​

Choo Choo m8ty

Mr Reality Hacker
Regular User
Didn't fancy replying to this lol. Reason I fooking hated this place. I went on a bloody wet windy night . I nearly had a bloody cardiac lmfao. But the views are not that bad and it's a great place for light trails thx for the post m8ty..

Last edited: