real time web analytics
Report - - River Street, Manchester - August 2016 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Street, Manchester - August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
River Street

bf25mp.jpg

Yep, it's that empty concrete shell on the side of the Mancunian Way again. I was stuck for something to do whilst waiting for a couple of mates to arrive in town so decided to swing up here, really wasn't worth the effort but it meant I wasn't waiting round doing nothing.
History from @sim2lew:
Originally envisaged as a 65 apartment complex with on-site amenities and underground parking, a split level concrete frame was erected in 2004 and development came to a standstill soon after. Planning permission was granted in 2008 to extend the frame upwards to create a 215 room hotel on the site, but no work was carried out and the planning permission lapsed in 2012. The site was then briefly used as a car park before the low rise portion of the frame was demolished in November 2015 following the most recent planning application being approved. The current aim is to build a 42 storey apartment complex on the site, but no further work took place in 2016.

fu2fkp.jpg

28ukxfa.jpg

i53r08.jpg

x0rbzt.jpg

euoufs.jpg

Exciting stuff, clearly.​

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Didn't fancy replying to this lol. Reason I fooking hated this place. I went on a bloody wet windy night . I nearly had a bloody cardiac lmfao. But the views are not that bad and it's a great place for light trails thx for the post m8ty..

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details