real time web analytics
Report - - River Street, Manchester - Unfinished Construction - January 2017 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Street, Manchester - Unfinished Construction - January 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lissyfit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The half-built concrete frame, originally built for a medium-rise apartment block was constructed in 2004. The developer went bankrupt and the concrete frame has since remained uncompleted.

In 2012 plans were approved which included 600 serviced apartments designed for short-stay 'serviced living' as well as a café and gym.

The latest plans for the site in 2015 were to include 420 privately rented apartments alongside food, drink and leisure units. However, no work has been undertaken during 2016 and most of the original concrete structure still remains.

I've never really had a head for heights but I thought i'd give this a go anyway. In the stair well near the top there is a floor to ceiling opening which I felt uneasy going past especially on the way down. Once on the roof there is a great view of the city but there is nothing but a drop at the edge

I took a 360 photo-sphere at on the roof but I have no idea how to share it here. if anyone know how please let me know.

01374fa.jpg

0296ed5.jpg

03f61c5.jpg

04a77fc.jpg

0535d1e.jpg

060630e.jpg

086a9ea.jpg

092c8bc.jpg

10b13c4.jpg

111b3cb.jpg

12e7fbe.jpg

132db7e.jpg

14df88a.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Another one of Bashar Issa's failed projects :rolleyes:

A good chunk of this was pulled down last year, the rest will follow

Once was bagsby city and home to one of Manchester's most deadliest of cranes eh Sneak/SL/Scott :eek:

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details