Web
Analytics
Information - - Robert Fletcher & Sons Paper Mill, Greenfield | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Robert Fletcher & Sons Paper Mill, Greenfield

EOA

Exploring with Bob
Regular User
...and some miserable old b*astard probs (Robert Fetcher)...​
Not sure if you were being serious here, but Robert Fletcher died a long time ago.

The mill is active. I think with just that tractor. It's quite possible that a local farmer has an arrangement to store stuff, which looks entirely plausible given your photo. The buildings are owned by an international paper making company, who if they wanted to, could find legal loopholes to avoid tax rather than produce it in an increasingly soggy old mill in Greenfield.

The secca on the site are decent at what they do - which is why so many people get caught - but they're not complete dicks and just tell people to move along when caught. Posts like this could change that. The reason secca are probably so active, is because the site is likely contaminated from all the old chemicals used in the production of cigarette papers. That would be enough to justify the owners of the site paying the sums they do for ongoing security. It's also an attractive punt for metal fairies (who have already made away with some high value swag).

It's a cracking explore, but it's not somewhere you can realistically just walk onto through the front gate and hope to get inside.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
If you walked through the front gate right in front of security what the hell did you expect the outcome to be? Being subtle obviously isn't a part of your game.

midnight explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here on Tuesday no one about except a few metal thieves taking cable across a field at the back and when started to take pics the pikeys smashed my camera no doubt it will be stripped and then resemble denby asylum I don't know fucking pikeys stealing everything and ruining places..

UrbandonedTeam

the north
28DL Full Member
Went here on Tuesday no one about except a few metal thieves taking cable across a field at the back and when started to take pics the pikeys smashed my camera no doubt it will be stripped and then resemble denby asylum I don't know fucking pikeys stealing everything and ruining places..
what are pikeys?

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Still has 24 hour security, just has a history of the security guards turning a bling eye (possible brown paper envelope passed) to metal thieves.

EOA

Exploring with Bob
Regular User
Although stuff has gone missing before it’s a bit bonkers it would be so brazen with added assault. I’m going to pop across during ze veek and see what’s going on.

@UrbandonedTeam - Pikeys are baby Pike; the river fish with sharp teeth!

EOA

Exploring with Bob
Regular User
I've been a couple of times since my last post and you can see where the metal fairies smashed their way in recently, although it has been sealed again. There aren't metal fairies routinely there taking stuff and security are still on site 24 hours every day, maintaining their presence. It's definitely not back in production either (not a dig - just confirming the way it is). Besides, the locals would have their pitchforks out if it ever did. The smell from all the chemicals used in the process used to stink the area out apparently.

There is no real change at Fletcher's, either in terms of access or the level of secca.

UrbandonedTeam

the north
28DL Full Member
I've been a couple of times since my last post and you can see where the metal fairies smashed their way in recently, although it has been sealed again. There aren't metal fairies routinely there taking stuff and security are still on site 24 hours every day, maintaining their presence. It's definitely not back in production either (not a dig - just confirming the way it is). Besides, the locals would have their pitchforks out if it ever did. The smell from all the chemicals used in the process used to stink the area out apparently.

There is no real change at Fletcher's, either in terms of access or the level of secca.
Yeah we went too and I know where you mean. We were so unlucky as to arrive as they were bricking up the section you are on about!