real time web analytics
Report - - Robertson House, Treloar Hospital, Alton - Nov 2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Robertson House, Treloar Hospital, Alton - Nov 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Timtom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tucked behind a new housing estate in Alton, Hampshire is the remaining wing of The Lord Mayor Treloar Hospital. This building was not demolished with the rest of the hospital because it is listed (found here Zoom Earth | LIVE weather map, storm tracker, rain radar) tbig thanks to Lillimouse (for pointing out it existed) and RemadE for inviting me along for an explore. Armed with my new camera (Canon 400D) I was picked up and we set off for Alton when passing through the new estate of houses you don't know the building exists until you are at the back of the houses and you see the large derelict building sitting silently on the hill side. Having reports of the building being trashed and used by the local chavs for drinking.. i didn't have too high hopes on the place.. Gathering our kit we made a quick ascent up the hill and to the access point. On getting in.. I was
reminded on something very important.. that I was not to close ANY doors.. I found this out to be very relevant because someone had taken the handles of all the closing doors.. so unless force was used from the opposite side.. If a door closed.. you werent getting out in a hurry!. The building is very dark inside due to all windows and doors being breeze blocked up on the first and second floor. The third floor however are all open (although its not access unless you can fly). Ok.. ok.. On with the photos..

Bear in mind its my first explore with the new camera!.. :(:rolleyes:

If you wondered where to go? ;)
IMG_0857.jpg

And what it was called..
IMG_0844.jpg

The main building!
IMG_0840.jpg

This came out suprisingly well!.
IMG_0800.jpg

Another less interesting window shot
IMG_0798.jpg

mmm nice carpet:rolleyes:
IMG_0788.jpg

A non smashed sink was quite a rarity here
IMG_0789.jpg

Metal sheeting covering a stairwell window
IMG_0794.jpg

Very dark corridors..
IMG_0784.jpg

Bog shot!
IMG_0786.jpg

obligotory chair shot!
IMG_0833.jpg

A strange towery thing in the woods directly behind the main building.. Im not sure what it was though.:confused:
IMG_0831.jpg

There was another white building (shown on flash earth to be just along to the left of Robertson House but its really open and right next to the footpath so you would be spotted getting in within about a minute!

Timtom! :thumb

vic2000

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi - you are in my old bedroom looking at the funny brick building! It was a water tower. The house was lovely despite the carpet and I lived there for 7 months in 1994 while doing my orthopaedic certificate. It is in a sorry state. Everything was wooden and beautifully cared for - it was one of the happiest periods of my life - I am sad to see it like this. We had such a laugh living on the third floor! Parties...

molly wicks

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i went hear the other day i was really good to see and u can get into the building and the tower behind the main house it was worth it!!

Paryz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i went hear the other day i was really good to see and u can get into the building and the tower behind the main house it was worth it!!
So you have any idea if it's still there? We've just been, got as far as Robertson close but it was too dark this evening to see (we weren't very well prepared)

LoganMcrae

The Fox
28DL Full Member
So you have any idea if it's still there? We've just been, got as far as Robertson close but it was too dark this evening to see (we weren't very well prepared)
Went and visited it last night, unfortunately its now completely boarded up and impossible to enter.

1skinner1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just been to see if you can get in no where is possible to sneak in compleatly boarded and fenced off would had been a nice explore

derelictth92

Has a weak spot for staircases
28DL Full Member
Heads up lads explored this recently, nightmare to get into and PIR’d and alarmed

Internals are totally trashed and not huge amounts to see now
D6E234D9-16EC-4B9A-9C94-7AC459318E4A.jpeg

Who has read this thread (Total: 180) View details