Report - Robinshood Bay Culvert, Yorkshire, April 2014

• Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Tomb Raider
Regular User
Nice little river this - Robins-hoods Bay Culvert also known as the River Esk is a river in North Yorkshire that empties into the North Sea at Whitby after a course of around 28 miles (45 km) through the valley of Eskdale, named after the river itself.
Headed through in trainers as it was a spontaneous venture :thumb

~Thank you for reading :)~

Tomb Raider
Regular User
That's fantastic Keïteï. Love it!
Been through it a few times when I was a kid. I used to love hearing the local stories about smugglers using the tunnel.
Btw, I think it's actually called 'Kings Beck'. The Esk is a much larger river a few miles up the coast at Whitby ;)
Cheers jazzy :) yeah a few local kids followed me in too
I wasn't 100%which river it was so you're probably right :p
Thought I'd taken a shot of the flow out onto the beach but didn't:/

Poking holes since '84
28DL Full Member
Mar 16, 2012
looks good, lovely colours to the brickwork and crystal clear water by the look of it.

28DL Memb3r
Regular User
Jun 6, 2007
It is a nice little culvert. Ive taken my kids up this one a couple of times now, infact last time I took a friends kids too so had 5 kids with me, ha teach em young. good to see it photographed properly I only ever took one pic.